Notices

2002 Civic EX Key FOB issues?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Guitar1616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Civic EX Key FOB issues?

Hey guys; The key FOB for my 02' Civic is no longer working. I've tried putting brand new batteries in it, completely took it apart - all of the solders APPEAR to be the attached, and I sprayed everything with contact cleaner.

At one point, when I reassembled it, I pressed the lock button, and the remote lit up, and stayed lit. However, it didn't lock my doors.

Any ideas with what is going on, or how to fix it?

I hope the only answer is not to just replace the FOB???

I appreciate your recommendations/advice, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance! :bowdown:
Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Sounds like the pcb board or the contact points on the pcb board are worn out/shot. Happens with a lot of electronics, tv remotes, our fan in our living room started to get harder and harder to press.
Best thing to do is head to Honda and order a new one.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 PM
calemonlaw

unplugging the alarm (portion that beeps) from the power source; and I tried unplugging the fuses for the alarm and starter OR on the 2002 civic the Keyless Entry was standard on the EX model and an available dealer installed option on the LX model. the factory keyless entry could not be installed on the DX model because the DX has manual door locks.