Notices

Suggestions

Old 06-08-2003, 02:30 AM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions

Alright yall, I need some serious suggestions here. I'm fixing to get a loan to do some stuff to my car and I wanted some help on deciding on a few things. I'm getting an exhuast for one thing, I want something loud and deep, nothing high pitched and whiney. And I have KYB AGX shocks and was wondering what kind of coilovers I should buy, thought about ground controls. I am thinking about painting my car a little bit lighter than the S2000 SIlver Metallic color and getting 17" Opal Konig Blatant wheels with Toyo tires. I have 20% tint now and some CF Euros. I know no one likes euros, so no dissing me cause I have em. Just everyone help me out here and give me suggestion on the things I can't decide on and tell me how you think it'll look. Also, how low do yall think I'll be able to drop my car with the 17's? Thanks!

~Green Civic EX
Old 06-08-2003, 07:19 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldn't take out a loan to do stuff to my car if i were you. if you can't afford it in the first place, it's probably not a good idea to do it. but if i were to do it, i'd probably get a swap before anything else.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Slacker

Start with the swap.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:43 AM
veen
Señor Member

Originally posted by Slacker
Start with the swap.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:16 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

I wouldnt take out a loan just to "fix up" the car. But is your perogative. I'd work on the engine.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:26 AM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

I also think that taking out a loan to modify a car is a bad idea. You're better off putting aside some "play money" from your usual income and saving up. But anyway....

Ground Controls are fine and should work fine with your AGX. Just know that lowering past 1.5" voids their warranty.

The S2000 silver color is nice...on an S2000 because of the lines of it's body. I'm not so sure that it'd look nice on a civic but that's all personal opinion. If your current paint is in good condition, I'd just save the money or sell the car and trade it for one in the color you want.

17" wheels are too big for my tastes but if you really like them, go for them.

20% tint seems pretty dark but that seems to go with your tailights so if you're happy with them, yeah, keep them.

The amount you can drop your car depends on your wheels' offset, the springs or kit you choose, and even whether or not you cut your bumpstops. I'd say you can probably safely drop from 1.5-2.0" if you wanted to but it's hard to say. How low do you want to go?
Old 06-08-2003, 12:05 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Well I'm fixing to go off to college and I have alot of bills right and can't afford to just save up...being trying that for about a year and a half now, thats why I decided on the loan. But anywayz, I wasn't going for the swap yet, there are some thing about my car that I really hate that I want to change....like the color, my hubs, and stock exhuast. Also, what kind of headlight bulbs do yall suggest me getting? On the drop question, I wanna drop it as low as I can without rubbing.

~Green Civic Ex
Old 06-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Shaun_Ek

Post a pic of your car... lets start from there
Old 06-08-2003, 04:38 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Default my piece

Here is my ugly piece right now...

Thats all for now...flame all u want, thats why i'm here. Still need all the suggestions on what i asked thanks!

~Green Civic Ex
Old 06-08-2003, 06:20 PM
96GreenCivic

Cant see any pics