Notices

New Motor... N/A;SuperCharge or Turbo?

Old 06-05-2003, 12:59 AM
SSCivic
Swolen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Motor... N/A;SuperCharge or Turbo?

hey-
I just got my B18C1 swap in my 2000 Civic Coupe not too long ago and I was wondering on some opinions from everyone. What direction should I go with this new motor? I've been thinking about turbo, but question the reliability. It's my favorite of the three options, but is it reliable and affordable? I really don't wanna blow this motor with a turbo, but I love the power a turbo produces...
I was wondering about N/A... how much would it cost and how likely is it that I could run in the 13's or under with an N/A motor?
For turbo, about how much would I be looking to spend and for how much power out of the motor? How quick could I be under 8lbs boost, and is that reliable? Can a B18C1 handle pressure well?
Please fill me in..
Thanks!

P.S. Please view my other post on Track Times and Mods to your civic and tell me what you got and how fast you runnin so that I know what to look for. Thanks again!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:53 AM
SpeedRacerEX-R

Boost
Old 06-05-2003, 02:55 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

the most cost effective is turbo by far. get a t3 setup on there and run 10lbs all day all year long. just keep it tuned and you're golden. reliability wise they're a lot better than people realize. the only people that bash them are people that dont have them installed right or try to push too much boost outta them without being tuned. trust me, turbo is the answer.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:34 AM
DSC
Long way from home

Bewst.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:16 AM
onebadassdx

10psi is a bit optimistic with stock internals don't you think? but yea, turbo is best outta all three
Old 06-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Slacker

Just outa curiousity is it a JDM motor? Reason I ask is the compression between a JDM and USDM motor are much different. JDM is 10.6 and USDM is 10.1. I have a JDM b18c and looking to turbo it in the future (next spring), but I am going to lower the compression first. I wanna get it down to about 9.5. If it's a USDM just be careful when boosting it, but if it's a JDM I would definitely recommend you lower the compression as I am doing before you do any type of boost. But my vote would definitely be fore TURBO:thumbup:
Old 06-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Paulll
Hail Bent

turbo...
Old 06-05-2003, 10:41 AM
SSCivic
Swolen Member

Default Turbo is what it sounds like...

Well... all i been hearing is turbo, so guess that's the answer... gotta start saving up.

A few more questions though... is there a kit, or do I go all custom? and if custom, what parts should I buy?
Also, if I get that T3, what's a safe psi to boost at with my stock internals... I'm tryin to keep this engine goin without blowin. 5psi? Higher... lower? and about how much power do you think I'd be pushin at that psi?