Notices

Weird clunk in friends Si.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird clunk in friends Si.

Hey guys I got a quick question for you. My buddie has a 2000 Si. And every time he shiftes it makes a clunk or thud. It does it when you are in gear and right wehn you fully let you clutch out. It does not make the noise when you are not moving and putting the clutch in and out, just when moving(and only when shifting gears) You can be moving and let the clutch in and out(in neutral) and there will be no noise. I know its coming from the engine or tranny but can not pinpoint it. Any ideas guys? I would like to know a little about the problem before we take it to honda. They will give some bs and be like "you need a new engine, tranny."....misc

thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it:thumbup:
Old 06-04-2003, 08:23 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why doesn't he take it in and get it looked at?:dunno:
Old 06-04-2003, 11:46 PM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

And every time he shiftes it makes a clunk or thud. It does it when you are in gear and right wehn you fully let you clutch out.
Does it happen when accelerating without changing gears? Does it only happen when shifting? At what point does the clunk happen? When the clutch pedal hasn't completely come up or only after it's already been fully released?
Old 06-05-2003, 08:45 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Originally posted by agent87
Does it happen when accelerating without changing gears? Does it only happen when shifting? At what point does the clunk happen? When the clutch pedal hasn't completely come up or only after it's already been fully released?

Agent. It sometimes happens when you are in lets say 1st gear at about 5grand and you blip the throttle. you know how the car jumps a little at that high rpm's. The clunk when the clutch is fully engaged but no at the end of the pedal's stroke(but really close)
Old 06-05-2003, 11:32 AM
veen
Seņor Member

can anyone help?