Notices

"DING KING" dent remover????

Old 06-02-2003, 01:56 PM
EddieK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "DING KING" dent remover????

hey guys check this out
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/dinkindenrep.html

i dont know if any of you have seen the commercial on TV but it's real convincing. but shit on tv never really works as they say it does do they?

i was wondering if anyone has tried it and if they think its worth the 19.95.

i got a few quarter size dents on my door and my car is black so
Old 06-02-2003, 02:14 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Nope, it doesn't work.

Look in the yellow pages for "paintless dent removal" places. They can usually do a whole car for a couple hundred bucks. No it's not 20 bucks, but it's still relatively cheap and does a good job of making the car look newer if the paint is generally alright but it's got its fair share of dings.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Iv'e got one. It'll take out small dents. It's not for anything that's creased, or real deep. Hail damage is pretty easily fixed.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:40 PM
EddieK

Originally posted by Bakeoff
Iv'e got one. It'll take out small dents. It's not for anything that's creased, or real deep. Hail damage is pretty easily fixed.
do you think quarter size dents would be easily fixed with the ding king?
Old 06-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

i was always tempted to buy that...good thing i didn't
Old 06-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Realm730

These guys don't f**K around http://www.dentwizard.com
Thats no joke I use to work at a dealership and they would come in with all types of weird tools to remove dings, and dents. And the best part is their not going to charge you mad dough. I think its like $99 to do your entire car, and they come to your house!
Old 06-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pentless dent removal is the way to go. Dentwizard is very well known among dealerships around here. They perform miracles

After much skeptism, I purchased one and I tried the Ding King.
Contrary to my assumptions and what most people say... It works, but not perfect. It does pull the dent out slightly, but the glue isn't strong enough to properly pull out the ding. If the glue were stronger, however, it might just pull off the paint!

I had a few dings thanks to inconsiderate parkers

1) A ding I had was as if someone just took an edge and slammed it straigt on my door. It is a verticle 6" gash, ding king would not really budge it, and I didn't expect it to. However, with the help from friends, we were able to reach the ding from the back of the door and slightly push out the edgy-ness and the ding king slightly reduced it.

2) The sharp dings, like "speared" the ding kind doesn't do anything.

3) Another sharp onem but very sharp, like a penmark pushed full force. The ding king pulled it out, I was very surprised at this. I was willing to bet that it wouldn't do anything for such a sharp ding, but it worked. But then the dot in the middle will need to be re-touched.

4) One of the biggest shocks was the big ding on my driver molding. I tried it on it just for the hell of it and wow it pulled it out completely!

5) I believe if you have the typical small dimple type dings, this product would work. But again, you don't want to assume that it will be perfect. I can only say, it is just "a little less noticable". The instructions say if you do it more on the same spot, it should be better. It takes alot of patience.

PDR is the way to go! They charge a flat rate per panel. So if you can afford about $100-/+ That is definitely your ticket.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 06-02-2003, 05:29 PM
frank
frank from canada

how does the glue come off after? does it just "snap" off? i've always wondered about that
Old 06-02-2003, 05:36 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

this is how my uncle gets out big dents...

he takes a torch and heats up the dent get it really hot and then he takes ice in a towel or something and u immediately put it on the dent and POP comes right out
Old 06-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The glue should stick onto the part that pulls the dent and not stay on the car. They provide some 'solution' that you use to prep the panel... I think it's just alcohol & mix to remove wax.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net