Notices

Bumper reinforcment

Old 06-01-2003, 06:07 PM
d15notec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper reinforcment

Anyone got a picture or an example of how the bumper reinforcement bolts up?

crashed my 5th gen hatch, took it apart, sat for a week, got my parts now and im trying to bolt it up, i just cant figure out how the hell the bumper reinforcement goes!

thanks in advance!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:00 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

There should be a total of 4 bolts for the cross-member. But there should be a way where the cross-member just hangs on the chassis (there should be a couple of tabs to help align it to the body). From there, it should be lined up for the 4 bolts that secure it.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

you talking front or rear? cause rears are totally different.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:25 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by Bakeoff
you talking front or rear? cause rears are totally different.
Good point. I was talking about the front BTW. h:
Old 06-01-2003, 10:22 PM
d15notec

Damn, you guys are good.

Looked at my old one today and i'm guessing they gave me the wrong part, doesnt match.

i'll take it back tomarrow and change it up, hope they dont care about a couple of scratch's i put on it trying to figuere out how it was supposed to align

thanks for the replys

anyone konw if greddy has a lifetime warrenty on their exhaust's?
Old 06-02-2003, 12:30 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

greddy does but it takes months to get a new one. my friends sp rusted on the inside of the pipe that bends over the rear control arm. it took 5 months for his new one to come in. 7 months later after he installed it rusted again.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:53 AM
maestro5050

I had the exact opposite thing happen with mine. The Greddy Evolution exhaust I bought back in 97 went fubar on me. In 2001 the mesh resonator inside the muffler portion came off its weld points and was moving free inside the muffler and creating a hella rattle. The local shop I bought it from said there was only a 3 year warranty on it and I was out of luck. I called Greddy directly and they asked me to send them some pics of the exhaust on the car, a few shots up the exhaust pipe to show the resonator had dropped, and my proof of purchase. I had lost my proof of purchase and the shop had purged it from their system since it was 4 years old. Greddy gave me NO problems about it and shipped a new exahust (full cat back, not just the muffler) to the shop and had them install it and paid for shipping on both the old and new exhaust, as well as the install. Total turn around time was less than 10 days.

Needless to say I highly recommend Greddy and their exhaust products. I even put a sticker on my back window for them (even though I despise most ricey stickers) since they took such good care of me. I don't mind giving a little free advertising when a company takes good care of me and stands behind their product.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:47 PM
d15notec

Originally posted by maestro5050
I had the exact opposite thing happen with mine. The Greddy Evolution exhaust I bought back in 97 went fubar on me. In 2001 the mesh resonator inside the muffler portion came off its weld points and was moving free inside the muffler and creating a hella rattle. The local shop I bought it from said there was only a 3 year warranty on it and I was out of luck. I called Greddy directly and they asked me to send them some pics of the exhaust on the car, a few shots up the exhaust pipe to show the resonator had dropped, and my proof of purchase. I had lost my proof of purchase and the shop had purged it from their system since it was 4 years old. Greddy gave me NO problems about it and shipped a new exahust (full cat back, not just the muffler) to the shop and had them install it and paid for shipping on both the old and new exhaust, as well as the install. Total turn around time was less than 10 days.

Needless to say I highly recommend Greddy and their exhaust products. I even put a sticker on my back window for them (even though I despise most ricey stickers) since they took such good care of me. I don't mind giving a little free advertising when a company takes good care of me and stands behind their product.

I think i got the same thing happening to mine..

Anyone got greddy's number? i got a fix it ticket i need to fix and i dont konw if i should try and get another greddy or just a dynomax.

the shop i take my car too told me he'd hook me up with the dynomax installed for 120.. 70 exhaust, 50 laber... any thoughts?
Old 06-02-2003, 10:54 PM
maestro5050

Check your other post for the number. No need to cross-post next time. Peeps will get back to you in here if they got an answer. Best of luck to you.