Notices

interior

Old 05-28-2003, 06:32 PM
tunda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior

ok i need to know kinda quick cuz there is this hatch with black interior and i want to take my gray interior out put it in that car and put the black interior from the other car into mine.....how hard is it to take the whole dash and all the panels out?...is it harder to put them back in or are they the same?..anything i should know before i start to do it??any tools i might need beside a phillups screw driver? let me know please thanks...
Old 05-28-2003, 06:38 PM
vtecfed
RIP VTECFED

are you serious? any other tools besides a phillips head. hell yes your going to need more tools than that. Its a car not a lightswitch pannel. It sound like your going to need some friends to help you and its going to take around 2-3 days if its you first time.:slap:
Old 05-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Motohip

:stupid:
You probably will regret ever attempting it if you think a screwdriver will do the job.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Tirod

you gottta do pillars and roof and lining and floor and everything.. not worth it imo
Old 05-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Motohip

All that's easy, the dash is the hard part.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Seats, carpets, door panels, pillar panels are all easy. The dashboard is time consuming :thumbup:
Old 05-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Motohip

Originally posted by Cashis EG8
Seats, carpets, door panels, pillar panels are all easy. The dashboard is time consuming :thumbup:
What did I just say :squint:
Old 05-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Originally posted by Tirod˛slc
you gottta do pillars and roof and lining and floor and everything.. not worth it imo

Originally posted by Motohip
All that's easy, the dash is the hard part.

Nobody mentioned the seats or carpet yet

:fawk:
Old 05-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Ronin625

has anyone done it, and has pictures or tips? Im guessing he knows it going to be hard, so lets try and help him out as much as we can.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:25 PM
YellowHatch

Ok this is going to take you atleast 2 days PER CAR if you have help.I've done it a few times, and I recently swapped the entire interior from a 91 to an 89 carpet and all. For tools make sure you have a metric socket set, metric open end wrenches, phillips screw driver, flat head screw drive, needle nose pliers and regular pliers, and while your at it buy some extra 10mm and 12mm sockets because you might need more if you have someone helping you, also buy a box of sandwich bags and a roll of masking tape. BE PREPARED TO LABEL EVERY NUT AND BOLT! Make sure you have a garage that you can use for the entire time. Those are the basics steps so you dont loose anything. First take out your 2 front seats so you have room to access everything else, your not going to have to remove the roof lining because in all the grey interior and black interior civics the roof lining is a light grey so dont worry about that. Next remove your back seat, fold down your seats and on each side where the seat meets the plastics theres a plastic lock washer (its black) use a pair of pliers to grab onto it and pull it off. Next the bottom portion of the seat has 1 bolt in the back of the seat, its right in the middle, after thats out removing the bottom portion of the seat is common sense. Next you want to remove all the back plastics, its just a few screws and a few bolts, you'll see little black plastic screws, remove them like regular screws dont attempt to just pull them out, next remove the seat belts from the floor and slide the male part through the openning of the rear plastic and thats it. now for the pillars. Remove the seat belt from the pillar and unscrew any screws, now when you pull these things off try not to bend them pull them off evenly its just clips so dont be afraid your going to brake something, if 1 or 2 break off its no big deal, but I doubt that will happen. same goes for the front pillars. The door pannels should be easy also mabey 1 or 2 screwa depending on if you have automatic windows and then just yank it off the door its all clips. Now for the dash. Oh yeah dont forget to label all yours screws bolts ect. while doing this, I always label a new bag before I start a new area of the car. Your going to have to remove the glove box, theres a bolt or 2 behind it that you need to remove to get the dash out, Pop the bezel off that surrounds the gauge cluster 2 or 3 screws I think, BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN YOU PULL IT OFF IT OFTEN CRACKS, theres another bolt under the big defrost vent in the middle of the dash so that has to be removed, also 2 bolts on either side of the dash youll see the covers for them when the door is open, you also need to drop your steering column, you dont have to take it completely out but it needs to be dropped a little so you can pull the dash out, find a bucket or something to let it rest on. Thats basiclly it its really not that hard as long as you have the time, the tools and a place to do it. Good luck and I hope this helps, I'll keep checking this post if you have anymore questions