Notices

What are the chances someone's unlocking my car?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the chances someone's unlocking my car?

Over the past week or two I've gone out to my wifes car and it's been unlocked. She's always very good about locking it as soon as she leaves the car.

Once or twice, ok she might have messed up. But this has been at least 5 times, probably 6 or 7 since I kind of ignored the first couple times.

I know wireless key codes are reused, the Honda Civic manual even says it (iircc), what are the chances someone else in the nearby area is unknowingly unlocking it? Secondly, what can I do about it?

It's an 05 Civic 4 door.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 AM
RayManCrvDio

happens to my honda dio and used to on are dodge neon and now sometimes grand am it happens to me to im pretty sue we are not alone and the search engine dosnt keep stuff it dosnt like to show so ur not likely gonna find ne one like this online sure there are ppl other than us
Old 02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Kadzula

Wow, I never thought of that..Numerous times I have gone out and our car has been unlocked in the morning. I just figured the wife forgot to lock it and when I ask she says she was sure she locked it. This is going to be on my mind now thinking someone in the neighborhood could have the same key fob code as us
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Derek Miller

Why dont you go for a remote control? You can lock it twice or thrice (from a proper distance of course) and make sure that is locked..