Notices

Buying used V-AFC

Old 05-04-2003, 05:13 AM
DanM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying used V-AFC

I have the opportunity to buy a used V-AFC for a VERY good price. My concern is how easy it will be to install.

Having never installed one before, I don't know what's involved. For such a low price, I assume I'm going to get the V-AFC itself and the wiring harness ONLY. None of the extra stuff. What else is supposed to be in the box? How easy is it going to be to replace? It was installed on a 94 EX before, and I want to use it on my 97 EX .. is that going to be a problem?

It's a good price, but not worth it if I have to buy 50 bucks worth of stuff to make it work, and spend hours hacking stuff apart. Can anyone who has installed one of these let me know what I should check for before I buy?
Old 05-04-2003, 05:52 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

you can get instructions off their website.. you need to tap into the power and ground and rpm, vtec signal and someothers not off the top of my head
you need the actually part and the wire harness. and iif possible the little stand.. yu could always get double sided tape to hold it up

how much are you getting it for?

200 bucks is usually the street price for a used vafc
Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
SpeedRacerEX-R

all you need is the vafc itself, the harness and some directions. READ them through. There's some stuff you have to setup before starting the car.