westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Power to the 5th gens!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:55 AM
fish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car nice color

look at it this way a manual would be ideal but mine was once an automatic. the change over can be done.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Jeice
One Rad Dude

Welcome aboard.

Since we're talking about Automatics....
Automatic's to me aren't as bad as people say. My friend has an Automatic Prelude w/ the H23A1. He's only spraying a 55 shot, stock motor.. and he runs 2 tenths quicker than a stock 2000 Mustang GT. Besides, Automatics are better for Turbo anyway IMO. Building boost off the line has its advantages.

I personally would get a change over done if I had a SOHC automatic. But really why go through all the trouble since you haven't bought one yet? Find a 5 speed... and also HB are tight.. but the coupe is sexy in its own right :P
Old 05-01-2003, 02:45 PM
style_freaksta

Yeh the thing is i i didint realise it was an automatic. i am actually looking for a manual.

to be honest i cant afford the insurance of a vti since im too young, but i was hoping that i could score myself with a nice hatch that would do a good job and later when i get enough dollars i would buy a vtec engine or something.

still, however im really not too sure on which 92-95 model to buy.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:03 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by style_freaksta
Yeh the thing is i i didint realise it was an automatic. i am actually looking for a manual.

to be honest i cant afford the insurance of a vti since im too young, but i was hoping that i could score myself with a nice hatch that would do a good job and later when i get enough dollars i would buy a vtec engine or something.

still, however im really not too sure on which 92-95 model to buy.
I would personally pick up a 95 DX Coupe with as low mileage as possible (which I did), they're light... and I personally like them better than the hatch. Most people like the hatch, but not me. Take off the flat-black side moldings, and paint them gloss black, and that's one sexy coupe. The way the hood hits the bumper with no grill... whew! Anyway... yea, that's what I'd do... and definetly automatic... Civic's are the easiest sticks to drive, I swear. They're nice and loose. Yup! Peace.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Tirod

Originally posted by Jeice
Welcome aboard.

Since we're talking about Automatics....
Automatic's to me aren't as bad as people say. My friend has an Automatic Prelude w/ the H23A1. He's only spraying a 55 shot, stock motor.. and he runs 2 tenths quicker than a stock 2000 Mustang GT. Besides, Automatics are better for Turbo anyway IMO. Building boost off the line has its advantages.

I personally would get a change over done if I had a SOHC automatic. But really why go through all the trouble since you haven't bought one yet? Find a 5 speed... and also HB are tight.. but the coupe is sexy in its own right :P
:wtf: auto's cant handle near the amount of power a manual could... esp honda auto's
Old 05-02-2003, 01:40 PM
style_freaksta

i was speaking to some guy today about fitting a vtec engine in to a standard 92-95 cx, this guy was telling that i would have to change this and that and change that and this, by the end of it it would be a complete waste of money and time.

i was wondering how much of that statement is true. is it really that much hassle to swap engines?
Old 05-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Tirod

Originally posted by style_freaksta
i was speaking to some guy today about fitting a vtec engine in to a standard 92-95 cx, this guy was telling that i would have to change this and that and change that and this, by the end of it it would be a complete waste of money and time.

i was wondering how much of that statement is true. is it really that much hassle to swap engines?
b-series engines are easy as fawk... as far us the engine bay goes.. that dude is a moron
Old 05-02-2003, 01:55 PM
style_freaksta

i was hoping to get an answer like that, the guy was saying giving me a whole list of things that i would have to change to fit the enigine in.
he claimed to have owned a ford cosworth with 450bhp.

so if i do buy a new vtec for a cx it would be simple to fix with minimal changes?
Old 05-02-2003, 03:07 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

Hatches are the best... :thumbup:

5-spd 5th gen. hatch > *