Thread: Car cuts off when braking to a low speed (n' low rpms)

Don't touch me I'm tender sman789's Avatar

Car cuts off when braking to a low speed (n' low rpms(automatic))

I've had this problem for a while then my father took it to the dealer about a month ago and now it has done it twice on Friday and i havent driven it since.

I was driving to school in the afternoon and when i get to the parking lot i slow down to let someone squeeze by me and the car cut off. And again later.....i drive slowly up to the sidewalk and stop to let a friend out....when i try to get back on road the engine had already cut off.....

I frequently get a shaking throughout the car when i get to redlights or stop signs because the engine is at a too low rpm

wth is up?

Push the clutch in.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky-sol
    I want a he-bitch man-servant

man. if i was that dumb i would be seriously hurt in a accident

Originally posted by Motohip
    Push the clutch in.
    its auto...

what all is done to car........i know when not enough air is getting to engine it will stall. does your car rattle when you are at a stop?

Originally posted by TypeRCivicEG6
    what all is done to car........i know when not enough air is getting to engine it will stall. does your car rattle when you are at a stop?
    no aftermarket parts just a cut off air intake pipe....the filter box is all thats left....yes, the whole car starts vibrating for like 3 or so seconds when i get dwn to like 5 or less mph and this is when it sometimes cuts off

when's the last time you cleaned your filter?

Originally posted by OneToughCivic
    when's the last time you cleaned your filter?
    prolly like 5 months ago i got a brand new one, i believe this has happened with the stock filter and with this new one....

LOL, I was just messin' witcha . Maybe your fuel injectors are all clogged up. I heard Honda's are really prone to this, but it's only noticable on auto's where there is constant power being sent to the wheels (no neutral like manual). If you put in it neutral while stopped, does it smooth out??? Try this: Put in drive, pull up parking break, step on gas as hard as you can and then step on gas. I mean FLOOR IT and make sure no one or nothing is in front of the car in case it moves. If you do that, does the car sputter? Yes, then it might be the Fuel Injectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky-sol
    I want a he-bitch man-servant

put your tranny in neutral before you stop and if this takes care of your problem, chances are your torque converter is staying locked up.

I hate to throw in yet another idea, but does it only do it when your foot is on the brake? If so, try putting it in neutral while stopped and using the emergency brake and then put it in drive. Does the stumbling go away? If it does, you may have a vacuum leak or a bad brake booster.

yeah, i remeber putting it in neutral will stop the shaking.....it does only happen during braking too, in either reverse or drive.....it sucks ass cuz when the egine goes out the power steering goes out so does the brakes but those are easier.....it is a major danger problem....in case i have to manuever quickly while i'm slowing down

Same thing happened to me, check your oil...you might be low, extremely low...
    NEW CAR: 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2-Door
    2.5L DOHC In-line 5

Originally posted by Dubs
    Same thing happened to me, check your oil...you might be low, extremely low...

all fluids are good

i'll prolly try to replace all the things mentioned in the "Damned MPG" thread since i'm, also getting bad mileage

update?//?//

my bum is on the swedish! 19.3secS2K's Avatar
    get that engine tuned.
    03 s2000 (suzuka blue)
    96 civic lx (cyclone blue)
    90 accord (scratched up black)
    http://www.myspace.com/senor_flojo

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura