Notices

00 Civic Si parts onto 93 Civic Si

Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Civic Si parts onto 93 Civic Si

Sorry if I asked this before but it was more than a year ago.

So being so broke I need to use parts I have left over from my 00 Civic Si.

What parts do I need to install my 00 Civic Si shocks onto my 93 Civic Si hatchback?
I know a longer front lower control arm bolt is required, and someone mentioned some washers as a spacer. What size washer and type? Does it matter what the material is? I'm assuming top hats and everything works fine too.

These are only going on for the winter.

Will the brake pads (front and rear) from my 00 Civic Si go onto my 93 Civic Si too?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Redline96LX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole coilovers will work, front and rear. The "longer bolts" you mention are because the Si uses a different control arm, a hollow one thats lighter and stronger and uses a wider shock bushing. On your car, just use the front coilovers, NOT the shock fork from the 00 Si. The shock from the Si will go into the non-Si shock forks, and vice versa. The Si shock forks and LCAs should be considered a set.

The Si rear brake pads are the same for both cars. The front brakes are different and the pads won't interchange. The whole knuckle will though....but the 96-00 knuckles are 0.5" shorter, so you'll have fucky camber, unless you lower the car, then you're good, hehe.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
93hondablk
TheOtherJesse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redline96LX
The whole coilovers will work, front and rear. The "longer bolts" you mention are because the Si uses a different control arm, a hollow one thats lighter and stronger and uses a wider shock bushing. On your car, just use the front coilovers, NOT the shock fork from the 00 Si. The shock from the Si will go into the non-Si shock forks, and vice versa. The Si shock forks and LCAs should be considered a set.

The Si rear brake pads are the same for both cars. The front brakes are different and the pads won't interchange. The whole knuckle will though....but the 96-00 knuckles are 0.5" shorter, so you'll have fucky camber, unless you lower the car, then you're good, hehe.
Daym...I can't follow up to that lol