Notices

brake lines again

Old 07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
2ltrEGhatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake lines again

so i'm looking into buying some hard brake line coils.. was thinking about going stainless,but haven't found a price yet... so i might go with the regular steel lines with swageloks .. and then powder coating after they're all bent and test fitted... can anyone tell me how much coiled line i'm going to need to do a full hardline swap out.. front to back. plus clutch line.. and what size/ inner diameter the line needs to be...

and have any of you used swageloks before? i just heard about them from a guy at work.. i've never used them or done brake lines at all.. also read that flaring would be a bitch with a cheap tool... any ideas?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
2ltrEGhatch

and another question.. do any of you know if the fidenza 3.2 or 4.3 clutches will work with an act pressure plate? i have a four puck act but i'm wondering if its going to be bad too put in
Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Shameinator

if memory serves me correct the ACT clutch is off ebay correct? If so don't put it in your car. They seem to only work about half the time. Put your money into something good when it comes to your clutch.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:23 AM
mcclain_stephen
mugen power anyone???

Default its not broke dont fix it!

in most hondas the brake lines are ran down the drivers side body rail on the inside of the car they are all coated grey and i havent ever heard of them going bad since they are inside the car. i have an 87' and they are still good!but as far as replacing the ones going directly to ur individual wheels with steel braided lines not a bad idea. i'm sure you can find them by searching for steel braided lines for honda! good luck and lemme know!