Notices

98 civic barely start

Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 PM
jason123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 civic barely start

I just baught back my old 98 civic EX manual from my brother-in-law 81,000miles . He rear ended someone. Here is my problem. The radiator punched a small hole in the valve cover so I replaced it along with plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Went to start it and ran rough and I had to give it throttle to keep it running. It set 3 engine codes. P1298, o2 sensor bank 1 , and o2 sensor bank 2. Also had a blown alternator fuse. Everything I read about points to the ELD and the wires under the intake. I pulled the 2 harnesses and wires look fine. Also got a new fuse box from salvage yard Still runs like crap and has a tick in the motor. I do have a new ELD coming from the dealer. Any suggestions on where to look next or what to test. I can also include Pics if needed. Thanks, Jason
Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Two in the pink, one in the stink huh? Lol, nice avatar...

Sorry no one here even bothered to try and help you on your first post.... damn slackers. If you're still trying to get any info come back and ask whatever it is and if I can't answer it I'll at least bump your thread and try to get you some help. I have a lot of nothing to do and a little free time so, that's my story.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
cruzalekz

vacuum leak