Notices

A New Build

Old 06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A New Build

i dont remember if i ever posted it, but i had popped my motor back in december. car ran awesome for over 20k on right around 20psi. no. 1 sleeve split in three places. though, the pistons and rods survived.

this time around i decided to go a different route, i had 3 dif. turbo setups already on 2 different motors, so i am going NA this time. i want the car to be more suited for the road course. when it was turbod it was extremely hard to be consistent on the track. if i let the car build to muh boost out of a turn, it was horrible and the heat generated after an hour of driving on a turbo car is unreal. so i sold off all the turbo stuff and started over

Engine:
b18c5 block, girdle, pan decked .020
LS crank and reworked LS rods ARP bolted
RS Machine PR3 pistons
ARP Mains
ARP Head Studs

Head:
PR3 lightly ported.
3-angle valve job
milled.005
skunk2 stage 2 cams
crower dual springs/tit. retainers
should yield a 12:1 cr

custom ITB setup using busa itbs and itb mounted injectors
custom machined fuel rail
dsm 450cc flow tested and cleaned

i have also replaced all the brakes with hawk hps and will probably run hp+ for track days, new calipers, braided lines and new rotors. the cooling will also be upgraded with a custom grifin radiator setup. it came off of a stock car and the guy wanted next to nothing for it, so i had to get it. ive done a few other things, nothing major. will post pics tomorrow

Last edited by raiden571; 06-01-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Civic2Scooby

should have K swapped it. RSX-S/TSX franky is MEAN. Even just the RSX-S swap would be a hell of a lot more suited for track racing h: damn budgets.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:36 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

Good NA build are awesome to watch run, looking forward to see how this goes.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
should have K swapped it. RSX-S/TSX franky is MEAN. Even just the RSX-S swap would be a hell of a lot more suited for track racing h: damn budgets.
yeah, i just dont have the money for that, and if i did i wouldnt be building a civic lol.

i am confident though that with this motor and b16/lsd combo it should be a good track car. i mostly want to have a quick car that will always do what i want when i want, and i just couldnt have that with my turbo setup.

my camera is a piece so pics wont be up until later on. should be picking up the motor from the machine shop and hopefully will be able to do all my clearancing and assembly over the weekend. i bought ALOT of moly-enigne lube, plastigage, engine degreeing kit, engine brush kit and a slew of other odds and ends to properly prep and assemble the engine.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:56 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

hawk hps pads, new calipers and hardware, new rotors, stainless lines.
kuhmo v710 slicks and hoosier r6 slicks. this is about half of them. i love when the rich people at the track think that it isnt worth it to save tires after 1 heat cycle. i always find atleast 1-2 sets of slicks after big national events. they will be for the track, but i have been tempted to put a set on for the day and drive around town. always been curious if race slicks could get up to temp with street driving.

mmm griffin. as you can see the tabs were taken off of the car and new ones will be welded on to better suit the new radiator.

no more pink tranny, the block is to clean to be butted against a painted tranny.

probably wont even use the acl bearings. i really wanna run oem, its just so damn expensive. i will see how my clearances look first before deciding

the fuel rail is in the process of being bored and the flange/runners are being welded up by a friend. i had milled the runners on the flange to an equal length about 1 1/4 in after the flange. i am going to use the bikes fuel inj positioning and use the oem honda tps. the suzuki tps are known for going haywire according to a few guys over on busanation.com. so i figured this would remedy this problem.

plx m-300, water temp, oil pressure, may get a tranny temp gauge and egt
Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

looking good. I cant tell are those EX front brakes?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

they are the bastard ex non-abs calipers that only came on 94-95 civics and si del-sols. i think they are a tad bigger than the ex brakes with abs, i remember ordering a set of teg pads and the ears were too wide and the pad seemed sort of short. i had to call hawk to get the right part no.
will probably be getting a set of there race compound pads for track days the blue 9012 compound from hawk seems quite promising hor mamybe just some HP+, not 100% sure yet
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

i hope this thing puts down good numbers with all the work goin into it.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:44 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

if i got 200 to the wheels ill be happy. not really looking for big numbers, mostly just want a nice flat torque curve and good throttle response.