Notices

Skunk 2 Coilovers.....

Old 12-10-2002, 07:05 AM
KingPin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk 2 Coilovers.....

Are Skunk 2 Coilovers good for a 97 and up civic hatchback? How much do they usually go for and are they easy to install? What has your opinion been with them if you've had them.

Or if you not have had those what do you prefer? I want to have at least a two inch drop, I don't want such a big wheel gap.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:27 AM
b00gers

they install like any other spring....my friend got his skunk2s for way under $200...i dont know if they were out of someones trunk or something...but they were brand new....

he says he likes them. :dunno:
Old 12-10-2002, 07:56 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my '95, my buddies have them on their '99 civic ex and '01 GSR.

They're nice! I like them a lot. I love being able to change the height whenever I want.

PM me and I'll hook you up with some pricing.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:37 AM
OSGP

Have them on my 99 HB for about 3 weeks now. They go with my Koni Reds. My ride height is adjusted to about tight-2-finger fender gap all around. The ride's been great so far. Not too choppy or harsh. Handling's great and tight. The only thing I don't like is that it's a bit more bouncier than my old Pro-Kit when going over large humps. However I think it's gotten a bit better now due to either the springs have settled in or my butt got used to it. I heard it'll be even less bouncier after several more weeks and hundreds of miles. Hopefully that's the case. Heard that Ground Control is another good choice but never rode in one before so can't comment. I'll give my Skunk2+Koni Reds a 9 out of 10. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:02 AM
KingPin
Banned

Originally posted by WiLL
they install like any other spring....my friend got his skunk2s for way under $200...i dont know if they were out of someones trunk or something...but they were brand new....

he says he likes them. :dunno:
Under 2 bills would be awesome man, I'm kind of on a budget right now as it is. I need to save money for Brazil plane tickets for the summer which are going to cost me 1200 alone then I'm trying to pay my car off in the next couple of months... I still owe like 5gs.

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
I have them on my '95, my buddies have them on their '99 civic ex and '01 GSR.

They're nice! I like them a lot. I love being able to change the height whenever I want.

PM me and I'll hook you up with some pricing.
Hey man if you can hook it up that would be awesome, let me know what's up check your pm from me.

Originally posted by OSGP
Have them on my 99 HB for about 3 weeks now. They go with my Koni Reds. My ride height is adjusted to about tight-2-finger fender gap all around. The ride's been great so far. Not too choppy or harsh. Handling's great and tight. The only thing I don't like is that it's a bit more bouncier than my old Pro-Kit when going over large humps. However I think it's gotten a bit better now due to either the springs have settled in or my butt got used to it. I heard it'll be even less bouncier after several more weeks and hundreds of miles. Hopefully that's the case. Heard that Ground Control is another good choice but never rode in one before so can't comment. I'll give my Skunk2+Koni Reds a 9 out of 10. Good luck!
Cool thanks for the opinion on them and the results. How much did the koni reds cost you?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:35 AM
KingPin
Banned

If I do get these coilovers do you think I should get a chamber kit as well to fix the drop problem, I can't remember what it's exactly called... I want the ride to be dropped the right way and not have problems with my tires. I don't want to have to go through tires every week or on a monthly bases...
Old 12-10-2002, 12:50 PM
OSGP

Originally posted by ChulpaMiVerga
Cool thanks for the opinion on them and the results. How much did the koni reds cost you?
I would recommend Koni Yellows to go with Skunk 2 CO and I think many on this Board would've agree.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:52 PM
KingPin
Banned

Originally posted by OSGP
I would recommend Koni Yellows to go with Skunk 2 CO and I think many on this Board would've agree.
how much do koni yellows usually go for?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:08 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ChulpaMiVerga
how much do koni yellows usually go for?
I'll price those too for you when you PM me back.

Here's how my car sits on skunk2s and koni yellows: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=38751

that's almost as tall as they go. I had 5 adults in my car and it rode like a dream :thumbup:

Hit me back.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
SW20 MR2

IMO, go with Ground Control instead. They're a little less bouncy than the Skunk2's.