Notices

Programming new keyless entry remote

Old 12-09-2002, 05:38 AM
CivicPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming new keyless entry remote

Hey guys..... Heres a question that has been stumping me for about a week now. I purchased a new Honda Keyless remote for my 98 ex the other day. i thouhgt it would be a quick programming like in the manuel but it just wont work... the new transmitter has the same FCC ID as the old one. I just dont want to go to the honda dealership for something like this.... If someone could post the instructions or what i should do it would be greatly appreicated. THanks alot guys! :thumbup:
Old 12-10-2002, 07:42 AM
CivicPete

Anyone?
Old 12-10-2002, 08:37 AM
str8edgexx

I did a little search for you before, but couldn't find anything....only thing I found said that you need to turn the car on and off holding the lock button on the remote. Let me keep trying.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:08 PM
CivicPete

thanks man.... it is greatly appreicated....
Old 12-10-2002, 03:55 PM
str8edgexx

Ok....after a little investigation, I've found this. It says its for '99-'00, but chances are it should work. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't work, I'll keep looking. Let me know how it works out, ok? Thanks

Keyless Entry Instructions
Old 12-10-2002, 07:06 PM
CivicPete

I just tryed it and nothing i tryed it like 10 times.... thanks man for lookin that **** up!
Old 12-11-2002, 03:37 AM
str8edgexx

hmmm....that kind of sucks. Any idea how much it would cost to just have the dealership do it? I know how badly they rip people off, but if they say they'll do it for like $10 or so, it'll be worth it. They might even do it for free. After I got my Viper alarm installed, I got an extra remote for it off of Ebay, and took it back to the place that did the install for me, and they programed it for free...even though I didn't buy it from them. If I were you, I'd make a few calls...call a couple of dealerships around you, and see what kind of prices you're getting.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:04 PM
crohnieboy

Default programming a remote

Try this:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civic98.html

HTH

Old 04-18-2004, 02:32 PM
wd_b

Default 2000 Acura 1.6 EL keyless reprogram...

I just successfully reprogrammed the keyless remotes for my 1.6 EL using the instructions found at http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/KEYLESSPROG.PDF - it worked like a charm. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2004, 12:49 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by CivicPete
Hey guys..... Heres a question that has been stumping me for about a week now. I purchased a new Honda Keyless remote for my 98 ex the other day. i thouhgt it would be a quick programming like in the manuel but it just wont work... the new transmitter has the same FCC ID as the old one. I just dont want to go to the honda dealership for something like this.... If someone could post the instructions or what i should do it would be greatly appreicated. THanks alot guys! :thumbup:
do you still have the OEM radio installed? Or do you have an aftermarket headunit in place?

96-98 civics have the keyless system built into the factory deck, so if you don't have it, there's your problem.

if you do, then either the remote is dead (not so likely), or the harness for the keyless system isn't plugged in. Other than that, there could be other problems, but who knows what it could be.....

but yeah, you do the whole turning the ignition 3 times, pressing the lock button each time, and all that. Make sure you're doing it quick enough, since you need to do it in under 5 or 10 seconds each time. But it works. I had to deal with all this when I installed my dads OEM keyless system into his accord.