Notices

my car was totaled

Old 11-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car was totaled

what happened:
I was going to the mall alone yesterday when a 21 y/o chinese fob girl with somewhat poor english made a left in front of me while i was going straight. i spun 180 in the middle of the intersection and she went into the corner as if she woulda made a u-turn and not have enough turn radius. she had another girl in the passenger seat. the song on the radio was eric clapton - layla.radio, the old vers. the the rockin part was playing and when i hit and came to a stop the slow part was playing. i thought that was pretty funny. my front end met her front passenger corner. i was alone and she had another girl in the passenger seat. it was apparent that she was in fault. first she claimed i was going too fast. it was a intersection that was 35mph where i was and 40mph on the other side of the intersection. in all honesty i dont think i was going that fast and a witness says i was not. in fact when a car is coming towards you, can you really tell if it is going 40 or 50? then she was saying she had a green light. well i also had a green light and i was not turning. i guess she thought she had a green arrow. then my gf started asking her what happened and the girl sounded like she was indifferent to the situation. my gf wanted to kick her ass.

the person damages:
i felt injuries in my knees, most likely they hit the dashboard, and in my right wrist, from holding the steering wheel upon impact, and i have slight airbag burn on my right thumb. this morning i am so sore i can not go back to sleep. the other driver looked slightly injured but her friend had to go to the hospital. she had a gash on her right temple. and i strongly suspect she was not wearing a seat belt.

the car damages:
its pretty much totaled. the airbags deployed, the front end is smashed, the exhaust manifold is obviously gone but i dunno if the block and intake manifold is ok. one of my headlamps is beat up and the other one is so destroyed i could only find bits and pieces of it. the frame is bent where the passenger door is and wont close. the roof is somewhat bent. my seat is jacked and my shifter, where it remains in 5th gear, is stuck and i cant get it into neutral. the passenger floor is pushed in.

what im gonna do:
see a doctor, my insurance, and an attorney. no one so far thinks its my fault and i dont believe it is. i hope to get this resolved asap. as for the parts, the rims belong to someone else and all other parts i was able to salvage - mirrors, lips, etc. i am keeping in case i decide to get another ej8.

right now i am typing with one hand because my right wrist is sore and my neck is pretty stiff and i cant get on my knees. no jokes about the knees please.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:53 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Dizam... So sorry to hear that (especially right after the holidays) Just glad to hear that you are alright and that you were able to walk away from it...

Hopefully you'll get things resolved and that HER insurance would pay for everything that has happened. Good luck to you mang...
Old 11-29-2002, 06:53 AM
b00gers

damn....sorry to hear man. let me get this straight....you were on a far left lane, she was on the right of you. you were going straight, she wanted to make a left turn. was she planning make a 90degree turn or just changing lanes? man either way, its all on her. shes full of shit if she doesnt take the blame.

hope you feel better man.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:54 AM
Grifter

i was in right lane and i think she was making a left
Old 11-29-2002, 07:01 AM
ur31337
Colby

Damn dude, sorry to hear. I've still got injuries from an accident I was in in 96. I wish you a speedy recovery and favor with the law.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:24 AM
Grifter

i think she was rich because she goes to cal poly and drives a 98ish accord and was wearing all abercrombie and her friend that picked her up had a new civic
Old 11-29-2002, 08:14 AM
cobbcustomz

Damn that sucks. Hopefully you get better soon and that you can get loot from the biatch in court
Old 11-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Tirod

damn bro... that sux... you should get a nice phat check though for your injuries and car... get well soon
Old 11-29-2002, 09:31 AM
nando11211

Damn bro sorry to hear that.

Hopefully you will feel better and recover and then sue her @$$!:madfawk:

I wish you the best.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:40 AM
sinthetiq

dayam!! charlie! that sucks, last night, same thing almost happened.. cept, i had the green ARROW to turn left, and this b!tch ran the red (coming at me)... i hit my brakes and he barely missed me.

i hope everything works out with the insurance and stuff.. did you call the cops and have them file a report on the scene?

get well soon yo