Notices

TURBO.....supercharger???

Old 11-24-2002, 07:54 PM
Nvious_Creation
Envious Creations Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO.....supercharger???

got some ?'s on turbos and superchargers... what would i have to do to get a trubo installed or a SC installed? what would i have to replace,remove,add ect...
Old 11-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

It's not as simple as replacing a few parts. You have to at least try to read up on this **** before anyone is going to take you seriously... Well, at least before I take you seriously. Doesn't even seem like you're trying to find this information. You just post questions that you haven't tried to research.

A turbo will involve replacing your exhaust manifold, down pipe, and depending on what else you chose for a setup, it could include an FPR, FMU, fuel pump, innercooler, etc, etc.
Supercharger would involve replacing your intake manifold, etc, etc. Either way, it's not something you rush into. Forced induction is something that will kill a motor if you go into thinking you'll learn along the way. Check out www.homemadeturbo.com and you'll see what I mean. The guy has a list of blown motors that's longer than my list of crazy exgirlfriends.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:02 AM
solRNY

this is an example of the difference between, honda-acura and hondalife.

see, if you posted this question up on hondalife, they will flame you like theres no tomorrow! cut ur throat for being a newbie!

see, here theres less of that flamming shiet. modator are more relax-thus is kew.

imo...
Old 11-25-2002, 10:31 AM
94delslow

But these questions are so damn vague you cant REALLY answer them.

Do some research.....If you have a question, google it...

This kid is 17 and has a dui....... He probably just saw TFATF and now he wants an import and NAWWZ and TURBO and JDM....

sounds like **** to me
Old 11-25-2002, 04:58 PM
Nvious_Creation

Originally posted by 94delslow
But these questions are so damn vague you cant REALLY answer them.

Do some research.....If you have a question, google it...

This kid is 17 and has a dui....... He probably just saw TFATF and now he wants an import and NAWWZ and TURBO and JDM....

sounds like **** to me

SO HUH IS IT WRONG TO GET OPINONS? OH AND IM 18 NOT 17, AND THATS NOT WHY I WANT ONE SO DONT TALK **** DUDE YOU DONT KNOW ME K I THOUGHT YOU GUYS COULD TELL ME WHAT I WOULD NEED TO DO TO PUT ONE OR THE OTHER IN...
Old 11-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by Nvious_Creation
YOU DONT KNOW ME
I was waiting for a "you don't know where I comre from" all Jerry Springer style!

You just have to relax man. It's not like an intake, this **** isn't just bolt on. It takes a lot of research and time. Seriously relax, junior!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:58 PM
skratchnsnift
boom

Originally posted by Bakeoff
Seriously relax, junior!
hahaha... yeah i've noticed hondavision is straight up MEAN to some of the people on their board... not that all of the folks on h-a are all super nice, but they definitely take into consideration that people do have feelings and dont appreciate being shot down...

to answer your question nvious, car manufacturers (i.e. Honda) spend millions developing and making a realiable and well oiled machine that should last many years of driving. When you f*** with that, you're potentially ruining the delicate balance of parts and power of the engine.

Huge volumes of books have been written about forced induction, so your question would take a lot of bandwidth to answer... i suggest using the search function to look for previous discussions about turbo, sc, etc... If you have a specific question (i.e. would a stock fuel pump be adequate for x amount of boost) bring it to bakeoff cuz he has all the answers ; )
Old 11-26-2002, 01:48 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by skratchnsnift
If you have a specific question (i.e. would a stock fuel pump be adequate for x amount of boost) bring it to bakeoff cuz he has all the answers ; )
honestly, I don't have anywhere near allthe answers. I hope I never do! But with boost, you'd be better off talking to Soltaker. At least he's got a snail on his car! I've just worked on them...
Old 11-26-2002, 05:59 PM
Nvious_Creation

lol a snail..... well i wasnt trying to be a lil ***** i geuss i was just lazy about the whole research thing i never did research in school, so im not use to it...lol
Old 11-26-2002, 06:35 PM
del-lude

it's always a good idea to know how a supercharger or turbo works before you get one. Research it for yourself first so you know what you're getting yourself into... If you don't know what is needed then stay far away til you do. Turbos and superchargers aren't just something you bolt on and it will work for you.

Just a thought....