Notices

*PICS* DSM side mount *PICS*

Old 11-24-2002, 05:49 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *PICS* DSM side mount *PICS*

Minimal modifications to the intercooler. One inlet was sawed off(very easy) to make it straight and allow the pipiing from the turbo to line up. Piping was fexible exhaust tubing (not the most efficient) from Autozone- cut to fit and VERY cheap. Couplers were obtained very cheaply from the plumbing section of Home Depot.

All work was done by me -except my dad did my fan. The fan is as sturdy as it gets. Ghetto Supastar!

Any questions?
Old 11-24-2002, 05:52 PM
RotiEatter

That is ****in' bad...can you post pics with the front end?
What kind of turbo set-up are you running?
Old 11-24-2002, 05:55 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Nice.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:58 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Originally posted by RotiEatter
That is ****in' bad...can you post pics with the front end?
What kind of turbo set-up are you running?
I don't have any front end pictures yet, but why you want to see that? The bumper fits over it for sure because I put it on already. Oh, the fan is hooked up to turn on via switch which is hooked up to ignition. I figured that a side mount doesn't get as much flow as a front mount so I mounted an oil cooler fan (perfect size as you can see ) to get more flow through it.

Apexi 92-95 turbo kit.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:02 PM
whiteEJ8

its always nice to see DIYers
Old 11-24-2002, 06:04 PM
reno96teg

hehe.. neat.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:06 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by ManTiS
I don't have any front end pictures yet, but why you want to see that? The bumper fits over it for sure because I put it on already. Oh, the fan is hooked up to turn on via switch which is hooked up to ignition. I figured that a side mount doesn't get as much flow as a front mount so I mounted an oil cooler fan (perfect size as you can see ) to get more flow through it.

Apexi 92-95 turbo kit.

APEXi kit rules....btw mantis what rpms are you getting full boost at in 1st and 2nd gear? It seems like i hit full boost a LOT sooner in the higher gears when i'm going moderately fast. Didn't you used to have a starion FMIC?
Old 11-24-2002, 06:11 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Originally posted by Jkan2001
APEXi kit rules....btw mantis what rpms are you getting full boost at in 1st and 2nd gear? It seems like i hit full boost a LOT sooner in the higher gears when i'm going moderately fast. Didn't you used to have a starion FMIC?
Everyone asks me when I hit full boost and I honestly don't know, haha. I've never looked. It doesn't matter much to me because I am running stock exhaust system which puts more lag on the spool up. I think you're referring to bret(?) or something with the HX. I've read that the starion is more inefficient than a stock eclipse. I guess that's why the eclipse guys never get the starion one (that's what I heard).

Yea, the APEXI kit does rule though.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:12 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Guess what I get on Wednesday? New intercooler ... hehe, this is the same exact size. Except, mine will be the XS-Engineering one and this is the APEXI one.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by ManTiS
Everyone asks me when I hit full boost and I honestly don't know, haha. I've never looked. It doesn't matter much to me because I am running stock exhaust system which puts more lag on the spool up. I think you're referring to bret(?) or something with the HX. I've read that the starion is more inefficient than a stock eclipse. I guess that's why the eclipse guys never get the starion one (that's what I heard).

Yea, the APEXI kit does rule though.
All the greddy kit guys are telling me they are hitting full boost by 2800 and such....i'm spooling around 3000-3500 and supposidly our turbo is ball bearing which makes me wonder if i have an exhaust leak or what. I'm running a n/a catback exhaust from my previous setup but still my flow should be fine for 5.5 pounds. Yeah i think i am thinking of bret with the hx....i'm gonna get me a custom ic with a huge 30" core from the dude that hooked up www.homemadeturbo.com. I think it's like 250 shipped or something, it's a great deal.