Notices

03 Civics

Old 11-24-2002, 10:43 AM
lilkevie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Civics

Hi I'm new to your board but was just wondering if there were any aftermarket lighting products out for the 03 Civic LX yet. The reason I'm asking is because my sister gets that new Civic for her bday and as a present I want to do the lighting for her. Correct me if I'm wrong but the bulb size is 9003 correct? So were there any clear corners out yet because I couldnt find any on nopionline.com and procarparts.com .. also what HID lighting would you recommend? OSRAM, McCullouch, Phillips i believe it is and would it be better at the 6k or 4100k? That's bluer vs whiter. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:17 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Check out some of our sponsors at the top of the forum. www.modacar.com, or www.autodynamic.com may have some stuff available.

duck squad member #00003
Old 11-24-2002, 11:54 AM
96extec

I dont think that the 03 civic has croner lenses, i think they are one piece.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:40 PM
LilWhiteCoupe
Detroit Rice

Default Re: 03 Civics

Originally posted by lilkevie
6k or 4100k? That's bluer vs whiter. Thanks.
bluer for a more eye catching look, they also make the purple tinted HID's too, if that's what she wants, but white if she wants visibility,.... see if you can find yellow HID fogs:naughty: they're sweet for inclimate weather
Old 11-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally posted by 96extec
I dont think that the 03 civic has croner lenses, i think they are one piece.
you think right
Old 11-24-2002, 01:17 PM
Mike
Banned

Default Re: 03 Civics

Originally posted by lilkevie
Hi I'm new to your board but was just wondering if there were any aftermarket lighting products out for the 03 Civic LX yet. The reason I'm asking is because my sister gets that new Civic for her bday and as a present I want to do the lighting for her. Correct me if I'm wrong but the bulb size is 9003 correct? So were there any clear corners out yet because I couldnt find any on nopionline.com and procarparts.com .. also what HID lighting would you recommend? OSRAM, McCullouch, Phillips i believe it is and would it be better at the 6k or 4100k? That's bluer vs whiter. Thanks.
The bulbs size is H4 (High/low beams in one bulb). There is an array of lighting choices, such as projectors, black housing, angel eyes, etc...Also, the headlight is one piece, meaning NO corners. You can open the headlight housing and remove the orange reflector yourself.

Also, I stongly recomend against getting any sort of HID retrofit mainly because the headlight housing is NOT built to reflect the HID light and will probably blind the hell out of on coming traffic.

Mike
Old 11-24-2002, 02:17 PM
silentrage

tons of **** for the 01+ civics. i have one myself.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:59 PM
96extec

He wants to know about a 03 civic
Old 11-24-2002, 04:57 PM
lilkevie

I'm with camryclub.org and the things I know i learn from the board. Anyways i have PIAA super whites for my camry which are already hella bright .. "supposedly" .. someone told me that they're higher wattage which will eventualyl burn my wiring harness so I dont want to do that with my sister's car .. if i'm not going to do HIDs for her car then what brand bulb do you recommend? She wants a white color like my car .. do you think Silverstars are any good because i heard they're a bluish / white color using stock wattage .. i dont see how that would increase your visiability because its the same wattage as normal stock amber bulbs. And also to remove the amber piece from the housing .. would you have to drill into it break apart the amber piece and remove it piece by piece with tweezerz or how would you recommend going about and removing the amber piece?

p.s. ive seen a solara with thte 9000k purple hids .. they're definitely not her style even though its original
Old 11-25-2002, 05:01 AM
br0nx finest
I drive a cb7, y0.

ok if he puts in a retrofit kit it wont blind oncoming traffic because that kit is made for the application, if he puts in acura/lexus/bmw/etc hids (stolen or not) those will likely blind drivers

usc could testify to this