Notices

suspensions installed and then some

Old 11-24-2002, 03:00 AM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspensions installed and then some

alright... as i've been anxiously waiting for my tanabe sustec pro ss to be installed... the day finally came. andrew @ bozz performance in fremont did the install, while (even though i am not suppose to be in the garage due to their insurance thingy), i still managed to sneek in and help out with the installs. as many people said... it's pretty easy to install, especially when you have the right tools... anyway... while it was being installed... andrew was making cracks at me being old sku cuz of my neuspeed... lol. it's all good though... cuz... i got a GREAT DEAL from bozz again... that's right..... BEEFY TIME!!! i got cusco front and rear strut tower bar for $300 flat. :thumbup:

i got the type OS model, which is not tubular... but rather kinda flat with some curves. after that install... with the new suspensions... all i can say is... yum! for me... cusco really does make a difference...

now the only thing is... i gotta play with the adjustments of the damping. cuz right now i got the front set at 3 (since there is only 1-4 setting for front) and the rear set at 6 (1-8 settings).. and it was harsh ride... very bumpy. car was dropped to have 2 finger gap... but after a whole day of driving... it settled down to 1.5 finger gap... which is kinda low for me. anyways... other than the setting part... i am happy with suspension upgrades... :fawk:
Old 11-24-2002, 03:27 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

excellent :thumbup: ...any pix?
Old 11-24-2002, 04:23 AM
DSC
Long way from home

Go find some curves
Old 11-24-2002, 08:36 AM
b00gers

nice how much did you pay for install?
Old 11-24-2002, 09:55 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

PAY!!! FOR INSTALL!???

DIY OWNZ!!!

Old 11-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by ManInCamo
PAY!!! FOR INSTALL!???

DIY OWNZ!!!

No ****! I haven't had my car in the shop more than once. And that was because I couldn't find the goddam leak on my intake! Vaccuum leaks suck!

Anyway, congrats on the new suspension! And you should expect it to settle a little more. Normally it'll slowly drop about a half inch over the first month.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:05 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by ManInCamo
PAY!!! FOR INSTALL!???

DIY OWNZ!!!

i have to agree with you that DIY ownz... however... if you have all the tools needed... then i would do it myself too. however, since i didn't... it's kinda hard. besides... suspension setup was 850 + $50 installation fee... and the cuscos were installed free, plus a discount. it's hard to find cusco bars front and rear for $300, wouldn't u agree?

dood... i will post up some pics 2nite.

as for find curves... hehe... i've notice that i could take tighter corner than before at higher speed. however, since the springs haven't really settled yet... and plus i haven't done the alignment.... i am playing it safe for now. but i have notice one thing... corning on stock steelies with firestone tires... humm... it slips and slide a bit at the rear. so next... is some sway bars... and paying off my bills.. hehe
Old 11-24-2002, 05:12 PM
ManTiS
NinJA

Default Re: suspensions installed and then some

Originally posted by tokyoracer

i got the type OS model, which is not tubular... but rather kinda flat with some curves. after that install... with the new suspensions... all i can say is... yum! for me... cusco really does make a difference...
So you're telling me that you swapped out ONLY strut bars to compare how it does to the NEUSPEED, right?

-OR-

You swapped out the springs/shocks for coilovers and put in the new strut bars altogether? If so, then I think that the big difference was felt from the coilovers and not the strut bar.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Smurf
Dancing Banana Driver

cool,
picz plz
Old 11-24-2002, 05:19 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Default Cusco front and rear pics