Notices

1st gen B16A1 into 93 Del Sol Si

Old 11-18-2002, 06:38 AM
jigga008_99
JDM all day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gen B16A1 into 93 Del Sol Si

I am trying to find out how hard it would be to install the 1st gen B16a1 into a 93-95 Del Sol Si(SOHC VTEC). I know the plugs will be different so what will I have to do. I know I have to get the HAsport hydro to cable conversion, that will be no problem. I also already have an OBD1 ECU, so that's not a problem either. I really need information on the mounts and wiring from the 1st gen B16A1 into my 2nd gen body. Will the factory mounts link up? I heard I have to use 2nd gen injectors, is that true? Sport Compact Car magazine did this swap but I don't have that issue for a reference. All replies will be appreciated.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:56 AM
lsvtecsol

Well, to start off, you'll need obd1 sensors, injectors, and distributors....The mount should line up and you'll need the hydro to cable conversion for the transmission...Since you got the ecu already, then you got that cover....If i'm not wrong, with the cable trans you won't have the mount from the end(side) of the trans to the body, but all the other mount will bolt up except for the a/c mount( need 94-95 del sol vtec a/c mount)...It should be just as easy as swaping in the obd1 swap after you change out the sensor and injectors..Good luck on the projects and please add more info if anyone has something that I miss or correct me if i made a mistake on any point...

Steve

P.S. If it was me, I would sell the cable trans and save up for a hydro b-series trans...With the money that you make off the cable trans and w/o having to buy the conversion kit you can almost have enough for a b-series and it'll be much easier in my opinions...
Old 11-20-2002, 06:01 AM
jigga008_99
JDM all day

Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

If I'm not mistaken, you will be able to use the engine harness off the D16, and once you get new injectors, everything else should button up fine. The only thing that will be an issue will be your speedometer. CRX's had gear driven... Our's use sensors... You may be able to swap that in, but I've never done it, so don't quote me... I'd call up HASport about the swap. They could give you the low down on the mounts and wiring. With the ecu from the old b16's, you'll have to do some rewiring, or get a converting harness...
Old 11-24-2002, 10:37 AM
crucial Si
Banned

bakeoff you really know your shiit.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:08 PM
SolReaver

i wouldnt do that- get the sir2 motor

it will be cheaper for you, rather than buy all that stuff to get the sir1 in your car and running