Notices

turbonetics drag 3 kit on civic si

Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
bRiAnMcIvIcSi
bRiAnMcIvIcSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbonetics drag 3 kit on civic si

i have a 99' honda civic Si and i was wondering if i was running 8psi with the drag 3 kit will my car be a reliable daily driver? im gonna build it before the turbo but what compression would be the most reliable? i was thinking just keeping it near stock compression maybe a little lower, what do you guys think? im gonna do srp pistons, eagle rods and new rings. is there any thing else i should do?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

well if you are going to build it up you can run more than 8psi...you can run that on the stock motor with a tune

and drag kits = garbage

do some searching before you take on this task....there is alot more to it then you think
Old 06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

To answer your question about weather or not it will last, thats going to depend on your fuel managment and your tune. You MUST tune your car so that it won't blow up.

Drag kit is not the greatest thing out there but it will do the job and is pretty reliable.

Do some more research, coz this has been covered a lot. You will also find some good info over at homemadeturbo.com

btw, you can run your motor in stock form up to about 300hp safly if you've got a good tune on it.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

drag turbo kits aren't that bad, i was on the phone with one of there guys and he was telling me that they are not using tubonetics turbos any more because they raised their prices on them. they are now using power mass turbbos or something like that.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

Originally Posted by FLAT_LINER
and drag kits = garbage

wrong.

Drag kits are quality, but they are on the low end of the turbokit spectrim.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

for what you get in a drag kit, you're better off piecing together your own and coming out way cheaper.

fmu's, missing links, and manifolds in drag kits = poo
Old 06-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

Originally Posted by Snoopy
for what you get in a drag kit, you're better off piecing together your own and coming out way cheaper.

fmu's, missing links, and manifolds in drag kits = poo

Although some people would like to think otherwise, Anybody who is using a drag kit to try to make over 300hp is asking for problems. Keep in mind, someone trying to make over 300hp most likely has enough money to build the block and can afford a much more quality turbo kit.

I can agree the fmu's are bad, but All fmus are bad... The base kit itself is perfect for someone looking for looking to make around 200-250, *With the use of hondata, vafc ect
Old 06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

i've ran 12's on a drag manifold in the past.