Notices

Projector headlight problems 98 civic HELP!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Civic07
Unique VizionZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector headlight problems 98 civic HELP!!!

Ok so heres the problem I just got my new projector headlights this morning and Im already having problems the headlight on the drivers side hooked up and went in perfectly but the one on the passenger side were the new headlight hooks up into the harness on the car there is a three prong plug and there are only two prongs in the harness the headlights wont come on or anything the parking lights work but nothing else so far what do you think I should do???

**************************EDIT******************** *******************************
ok so I fixed the problem with the plug but there are still problems on the right side headlight I had just fixed the plug I was adjusting the headlight beam on the high beam light and as I was tightening the screw the headlight just went off before the high and low beams worked but now only the low beam works all the fuses are good and the bulb is good so what is the problem thanks for all the help!!!

Last edited by Civic07; 05-23-2007 at 03:58 PM. Reason: fixed the problem but theres a new one!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

punctuation > you

got a camera? take a photo so we can help.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:19 PM
loprofilefl
N/A noob

sounds like you have a short. make sure you have low and high beams working before you connect the halos.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Fucking Hell, use a period from time to time!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not going to read anymore of that poo for a paragraph. Put your stock headlamps in and don't worry about the problem anymore.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
19.3secS2K

I need to get a life h:

ok, so here's the problem. I just got my new projector headlights this morning and I'm already having problems. the headlight on the drivers side (is) hooked up and went in perfectly, but the one on the passenger side w(h)ere the new headlight hooks up into the harness...(has) a three prong plug, and there are only two prongs in the harness. the headlights wont come on or anything. the parking lights work but nothing else, so far. what do you think I should do???

**************************EDIT******************** *******************************
ok, so I fixed the problem with the plug, but there are still problems on the right side headlight. I had just fixed the plug (and) I was adjusting the headlight beam on the high beam light... as I was tightening the screw, the headlight just went off. before, the high and low beams worked, but now only the low beam works. all the fuses are good and the bulb is good, so what is the problem? thanks for all the help!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19.3secFerio
I need to get a life h:

ok, so here's the problem. I just got my new projector headlights this morning and I'm already having problems. the headlight on the drivers side (is) hooked up and went in perfectly, but the one on the passenger side w(h)ere the new headlight hooks up into the harness...(has) a three prong plug, and there are only two prongs in the harness. the headlights wont come on or anything. the parking lights work but nothing else, so far. what do you think I should do???

ok, so I fixed the problem with the plug, but there are still problems on the right side headlight. I had just fixed the plug (and) I was adjusting the headlight beam on the high beam light... as I was tightening the screw, the headlight just went off. before, the high and low beams worked, but now only the low beam works. all the fuses are good and the bulb is good, so what is the problem? thanks for all the help!!!
Thanks teacha!! :rockon:
Old 05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Civic07
Unique VizionZ

Yea ok I thought I made this thread for headlight help. PERIOD, COMMA Not for some people with nothing better to do but tell me how to use punctuation. PERIOD, COMMA At the time I wasn't worried about punctuation, COMMA I was worried about the headlights I just spent $200 on. PERIOD
Old 05-31-2007, 05:43 AM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by Civic07
Yea ok I thought I made this thread for headlight help. PERIOD, COMMA Not for some people with nothing better to do but tell me how to use punctuation. PERIOD, COMMA At the time I wasn't worried about punctuation, COMMA I was worried about the headlights I just spent $200 on. PERIOD
the better the communication, the better the help :dunno:

its hard to say what you might have done wrong. if you provide pics of what you plugged into what, then it would help that much more.

how did you "fix" the plug?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 AM
Civic07
Unique VizionZ

Yea, I agree pics would help but I've taken pics of the plug and everything but the pics are too big to be put on here. And I fixed the plug by cutting a plug u put into the wall and put it in the place were the third prong was missing