Notices

Lighting/harness question -- please help!

Old 04-30-2005, 04:40 AM
stargazr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting/harness question -- please help!

I just bought a '94 JDM Civic SiR. The existing lighting is set up so that the front corner lights are turn signal only, and instead of parking lights it has city lights.

I've bought new headlight assemblies and what I want to do is wire it so that the parking light setting will be in the corner light as normal. I know which wires need to be connected where, the problem is, I can't find the right wiring harness to plug into the corner light socket. (For 1157 bulbs)

The socket I've got is a plastic one for the corner light, for 1157 bulbs. I'm just looking for the wiring harness to plug into it so I can connect the right wires. I don't know if there's a certain name/part number for this particular harness...if anyone knows what I'm talking about and where to get it, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

u need to hit the junkyard for that wire harness. pick and pull, alot of hondas use bulb size 1157, so it shouldnt be a problem locating a set of socket bulb harnesses for it. curious, y did u get new headlamp assemblies?
Old 04-30-2005, 05:18 AM
stargazr

Thanks!

I got new headlights for a couple reasons...mostly because the headlights on it now are the original ones and they're in really bad shape, faded and yellowed, and I wanted better-looking ones. Also the car is RHD/right-hand drive and the beams are aimed the wrong way, so I didn't think it would pass my state inspection like it was.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

if u want to sell em let me know.

Originally Posted by stargazr
Thanks!

I got new headlights for a couple reasons...mostly because the headlights on it now are the original ones and they're in really bad shape, faded and yellowed, and I wanted better-looking ones. Also the car is RHD/right-hand drive and the beams are aimed the wrong way, so I didn't think it would pass my state inspection like it was.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:41 PM
stargazr

I'm definitely planning on selling them. I'm gonna clean them up first and then I will post more info about selling them.