Notices

suspension

Old 04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
KJJ
Drive Hard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension

I’m new to this site and I need some help with my suspension set-up on the DelSol. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Mostly this car is for fun/road racing, although I don’t want to brake my back or rattle my teeth out driving down the street. And since I have to drive the car to the track I want a decent ride on the HWY. What do you think the best spring/shock/coil over set up would be best?

Set-up now:
1in sway bar in front.
Upper strut bar.
Energy Suspension Master bushing set.
Every thing else is stock.

Future parts:
Rear sway/tie bar set
Rear upper Strut bar
Trunk floor bar
Front lower “H” brace

Parts in Question:
Springs / Struts
Coil over set-up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hallett 3.19.JPG (106.1 KB, 102 views)
Old 04-28-2005, 02:54 PM
drew935
Laguna Seca circuit

I run Cusco Zero-2 coilovers in my car. ITR style. Perfect for the track and good on the street.
Good to know that you're building it up to also run on the circuit
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

We need that kinda stuff in Connecticut. All we got is a 3/8mile oval race track that's not open to the public to drive on, only watch school bus demolision derbies.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:19 PM
oscar_425
Got V-TEC??

damn.. from the pics it looks like you really need a dampening kit.. get Tein SS or something better for the track!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:19 AM
KJJ
Drive Hard

Guys thanks for the advice.

Drew935, oscar 425, I see these guys diving around town just bouncing all over the place. The car is slamed to the ground, over sized rims and almost coming off the ground when they hit a bump in the road. Whats up with that? That is one thing I can’t have. I also can’t lower the car to much due to the angle of my driveway. The car has a stock ride height and I was backing down the drive to fast and scraped my Super Trapp. If I take it real slow I might have 1.5in to lower the car.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:00 AM
SmartySarty

[b]tttttteeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnssssssssss
Old 04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
jweltch
Closet Ricer

Originally Posted by oscar_425
damn.. from the pics it looks like you really need a dampening kit.. get Tein SS or something better for the track!
For what its worth, if you get a dampening kit you'll just make everything wet. Better damping is always good though.

Anyway, just looking at the pictures tells me that springs/sways will help with that body roll. Damping won't do anything to prevent body roll once you're set into the turn. It'll help with getting the suspension set during turn-in and bumps though.

I'd say you're on the right track for what you want, but you'll probably benefit from a good suspension kit (springs/struts.. adjustable would be nice so you can switch from track to street) and tires as well.

My $.02...
Old 04-30-2005, 06:22 PM
EGteknikhatch
Team Teknik

I have skunk 2 sleeve overs.. and kyb AGx struts.. i like them for handling.. but the ride is quite bumpy on the HWy I want to purchase some real coilovers... So that is my opinion as well, get some quality REAL coilovers.. not sleeve overs..
Old 05-01-2005, 03:07 PM
KJJ
Drive Hard

Honesty the set up I had on that Track day was just a 22mm front swaybar and that’s it. Everything else Was stock. I now have the 1in swaybar in front, Upper strut bar, Energy Suspension Master bushing kit I’m still working on. That’s a lot of work putting in all those bushings. I’m done with the front and will be working on the rear next weekend.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:01 PM
EGteknikhatch
Team Teknik

well you need to definately do some upgraded suspension. Sway bars are nice. but so is a lower center of gravity!