Notices

SHITake MUFFLER

Old 04-27-2005, 06:46 PM
YoshiCivic
Cuban Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHITake MUFFLER

I dont know why I used that Title but I'm hoping that it would help people look at my thread. Heres my problem, yesterday I'm driving down the road and I hear a loud thud and bang. I stop and look back to only see my stock exhaust laying on the ground behind me. Apparantly (sp?) my muffler rusted through. Big Deal. I was looking at some mufflers on Ebay and I found a couple nice ones like a N1 style muffler with an outlet tip of 3.5 inches and an inlet tip of 2.5 inches. My question (which has probably been asked 1 trillion times) is will this fit on my car (with or without modification other than welding)? I have 94 Civic coupe.. Pleez dont tell me I'm ricer for going on Ebay to buy an muffler and please dont try to redirect me to a site selling a muffler/catback for 200+ dollars. I got like 100 bucks so yeah.. Thanx to anyone that responds to this thread without being an ass.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

You don't necessarily have to go through ebay. Your local muffler shop should be able to sell you some kind of a muffler and have it installed. This would probably be more cost effecient for you as you're getting the product and service from the same place.

Though you are looking for just a muffler, you really don't have any choice but to get the new muffler welded on. Though there are a couple of axle-back exhausts that are available for your car, you don't seemed to be interested in spending more than a hundred bucks.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You can get a stock replacement axle back for about $100, it won't sound like ass, and it will bolt right on.