Notices

Tranny decision for allmotor b20(possible vtec head conversion later)

Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
CRAZYEG9
THE TRUE O.G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny decision for allmotor b20(possible vtec head conversion later)

have a B20. I plan to go vtec head later(thats if $flow is right), do yo think that the B16 tranny would be a good mod. Right now I have an GSR under constuction and I'm currently using an LS. From me swapping out the GSR tranny and putting in the LS tranny I lost alot of acceleration. I mean it really dissapointed me and made my car feel like a pig . That is telling me that your tranny is one of the biggest mods you can have, more than Intake, Exh. headers and all that shit combined which is making me think about getting an even tighter ratio than the GSR and get a B16 tranny. What do you think about this decision?, cause I'm staying allmotor. I know my MPGs on the highway will go down but do you think cruising at 70-75mph will be a serious strain on the engine
Old 04-26-2005, 10:51 PM
bambbrose

depends how long you want the engine to last. If you can rebuild your own motors, why would you care about it wearing down a little quicker than normal.. all performance engines do.

b16 is definately a lot shorter than LS, and quite a bit shorter than the gsr. It'll make a noticable difference. I say go for it if you feel comfortable
Old 04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

want good gas milage? get an ls tranny

want shorter gears/better accel? get a tranny from b16 or b18c
Old 04-26-2005, 11:11 PM
CRAZYEG9
THE TRUE O.G.

Originally Posted by 18secFerio
want good gas milage? get an ls tranny

want shorter gears/better accel? get a tranny from b16 or b18c
The LS is outa the Qs. My Q. is more towards GSR or B16. After my GSR gets fixed I'm tempted to throw the LS tranny off a bridge cause it doesn't deserve to exist but I know Bseries trannies are scarce so I won't do that.