Notices

What can i get?!

Old 04-26-2005, 08:09 AM
moo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can i get?!

Right i have a 1.5 sohc LSi civic single point injection. just wondering what i can get for it in terms of performance parts?! i already have a HKS filter and a HKS full systen exhaust, and im thinking of skimming/porting/polishing the head and slapping in a high lift cam, but i want more power than that with out using a supercharger, a turbo or doing a block swap.

any feed back would be great, and if peeps have the stuff i need i'll take if off your hands if your willing to post to ireland, i'll also buy ya a pint of the creamy stuff if your ever over here :beer:

cheers lads!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:58 AM
moo

Im gonna take a wild guess that i cant get much for it, in the performance range?!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 AM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Maybe a Vtec head and a lighter flywheel. There really isn't much you can do without swapping motors or turbocharging. If you just want some better acceleration or a little more power, a Vtec head and lightened flywheel will give you more bang for your buck. A port and polish job won't free up much power with only intake/header and exhaust, and a cam would require you to beef up the fuel system and management. Plus non-Vtec cams are hard to find... Not to say that no one makes them, just that Vtec is where it's at it seems.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:13 AM
jdm4door
Reppin H-Mafia.....

i agree above you could do a mini me swap and get a little extra horses which is just that vtec head and maybe nitrious if you feel like over a period of time rusting your block....
Old 04-27-2005, 09:04 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by moo
Right i have a 1.5 sohc LSi civic single point injection. just wondering what i can get for it in terms of performance parts?I want more power than that with out using a supercharger, a turbo or doing a block swap.
Since you don't wanna do anything major,just be happy with what you have.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:36 AM
moo

i may look into dropping a B18c into it if i cant get muck out of the orignal block, would the top block of a 1.6 ESi vtec go on? or would i just have to settle with the top block from a 1.5 vtec?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:47 AM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Originally Posted by moo
i may look into dropping a B18c into it if i cant get muck out of the orignal block, would the top block of a 1.6 ESi vtec go on? or would i just have to settle with the top block from a 1.5 vtec?
D-Series heads are pretty much all interchangable with D-Series blocks.
You would need a D16z6 Head, a D16y8 head, or the more rare JDM D15b head.

Those are the SOHC 1.5/1.6 D-Series heads that have Vtec. The HX has a D17 motor that would probably work, but is set up for better fuel economy (not power).

Either way you go, don't look to get amazing results from it. It's still only a SOHC motor, and without dumping a good amount of cash into it, you won't get respectable numbers without some sort of F/I (ie: Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger).

If you decided to do a full swap, the B18c swap will run you around $3,200+, for only 170hp & 128ft lbs. But it is a good motor with alot of potential for power.

The (usually) cheaper route to go, is something like an LS/Vtec, which is the B18b block from the LS Integra mated with a B16/B18 Vtec head, or the CR/Vtec which is the B20b Block from a Honda CRV mated with a B-Series Vtec Head. There are some people making very respectable numbers with these swaps, and they will usually cost you less than a B18c swap. Another good thing about those swaps are the F/I possibilities.

Both of those motors will give you a good low compression which is ideal for running boost.

There are tons more options though, some even cheaper. Do a search on here or google and you will find TONS of information regarding what swaps are the most common for your car.

Old 04-30-2005, 03:47 AM
moo

cheers for that mate, may just do a swap so, see what happens!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:53 AM
moo

@fat tony! Get a fu*king life you fag*t!
Old 04-30-2005, 04:08 AM
moo

why? you cant get a women to do it or is your mother busy with one of you siblings!?!