Notices

Anyone wanna help a Dumba$$???

Old 04-25-2005, 03:41 PM
VegasJones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone wanna help a Dumba$$???

Here's my screw up of the month. A couple months ago I had a new head gasket put in my car as my screw up for that month was blowing the gasket with nitrous. Well that was a couple months ago and I haven't checked my oil since....smart huh?

I've made a couple long road trips from Vegas to Boise doing...oh...110 or so through the long stretches of desert in Vegas. Well on my trip home yesterday my car was having some major issues, stop and go while accellerating, horrible ticking noise....

come to find out I was REALLY low on oil, i had a no read on the stick and I was in the middle of no where, i had to drive another couple hundred miles like that....it ended up taking 2.5 quarts when I got somewhere that had oil...

I've NEVER been low on oil in the past, I don't see any leaks and the last part of my trip my oil level stayed just fine after I filled it.....could running my car as hard as I did between Vegas and Boise burn that much oil over around 2400 miles?? Does anyone think I caused any permanent damage by running it that low...from what I understand it was running on probably a quart. All seems fine now, and I'm going to start running synthetic in it again and just keep an eye on the oil level. This is the only oil change since I've had it that I haven't run synthetic and that's because I didn't change it. So what damage could've occured from this??? How come my oil pressure light didn't come on??? Thanks!!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
oscar_425
Got V-TEC??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is ur engine burning oil?? maybe there's a leak and the oil is mixing with your coolant.. and that's not good! :nono: