Notices

`05 Civic Special Edition Stereo (hard to find, I'm sure)...

Old 04-25-2005, 09:01 AM
LoneWolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default `05 Civic Special Edition Stereo (hard to find, I'm sure)...

Hi guys,

I know this may be difficult or impossible to find for a decent price (already checked Ebay, and there are none) due to limited availability, but I just took a look at the six-disk CD/MP3 stereo Honda has added to their 2005 Civic Special edition, and would love to find just the unit itself if I could. I have a 2004 Civic EX sedan it would match perfectly in, retaining the factory look but adding a lot of flexibility. If anyone knows where I could get one, I'd be interested in knowing prices (even if I could pull it out of a salvage vehicle).

For reference, here's a picture:

http://www.automotive.com/features/a...an-stereo.html
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

look it up in the salvage yard database!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Bricks2k4civic

If you like that color, you can get the entire dash (the part with the cd player, pocket, ac controlls etc...) out of a hybrid, it's the same color. Honda also makes a six disc changer for your stock cd player. You can get that and put it somewhere convenient (under the seat, beside the seat...where ever you feel like). That is probably a more affordable option.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
LoneWolf

Originally Posted by Bricks2k4civic
If you like that color, you can get the entire dash (the part with the cd player, pocket, ac controlls etc...) out of a hybrid, it's the same color. Honda also makes a six disc changer for your stock cd player. You can get that and put it somewhere convenient (under the seat, beside the seat...where ever you feel like). That is probably a more affordable option.
It's not about the color. It's about the MP3 player, the display and the control layout. If the unit was black, I'd be even happier.

P.S. I haven't been around here for awhile (in fact, my previous account was probably lost or deleted over time as forum layout changed)...what salvage yard database are we talking about, Running?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

The only place to get them is the dealer. The car is way too new to even think about getting one used or salvaged.

List price is $528.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
It's not about the color. It's about the MP3 player, the display and the control layout. If the unit was black, I'd be even happier.

P.S. I haven't been around here for awhile (in fact, my previous account was probably lost or deleted over time as forum layout changed)...what salvage yard database are we talking about, Running?
oh ok, i didn't even know they had an MP3 player. I just had my ipod connected to my head unit.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your best bet is to find someone who just bought a 05 Civic and wants an aftermarket radio right off the bat. Kinda hard to come across.

That's a sweet factory setup though.

- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 AM
LoneWolf

I'm curious...does it look like a double-DIN unit to you guys? It looks oddly familiar to me, a bit like something I might have seen in Crutchfield a long time ago...
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
I'm curious...does it look like a double-DIN unit to you guys? It looks oddly familiar to me, a bit like something I might have seen in Crutchfield a long time ago...
That is def. double din.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:40 AM
LowSky

why not get a aftermarket cd/mp3 player and/or changer as well it may be cheaper and will have outputs for amps and other accesories that you may want down the road