oc_civic
mcc racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sway bar question..

right now i have a 98 civic ex with
Tein SS coilovers
Omnipower Lower Control Arms
Skunk 2 Lower Tie Bar

and want to ad a sway bar i read a lot of stuff about people ripping out the whole bottom of the car, which obviously i do not want to do.. a friend of mine recomended the suspension techniques bar so what would i need to run something like that... would i need the beaks kit?

also all the people i read about ripping them out were using different oem honda bars (like the itr) does that have anything to do with it?

thanks in advance
Old 04-24-2005, 04:56 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

well the JDM ITR one is 23mm and the ITR USDM i think is 22mm which is huge compared to your stock one,and if its not reinforced it will probally brake your subframe. Have you looked into the Comptech sway bar and tie bar compo?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:57 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

People still have had their subframe tearout with the beaks kit. I recommend the ASR kit.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:08 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally Posted by TeHJuSTiN
People still have had their subframe tearout with the beaks kit. I recommend the ASR kit.

do you think with that plate i could run a 19-20 mm bar without any real issue... im willing to buy the plate without any question.. ive heard its real good.. do you ever rip it out with that plate in.. or will that pretty much keep it from ripping?

thanks again...
Old 04-24-2005, 07:40 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by oc_civic
do you think with that plate i could run a 19-20 mm bar without any real issue... im willing to buy the plate without any question.. ive heard its real good.. do you ever rip it out with that plate in.. or will that pretty much keep it from ripping?

thanks again...
I have the ITR (22mm bar) with that kit and haven't had any problems yet.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:48 AM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, with that plate, you can run asr's 32mm bar. Its a very nice piece and its on my list of things to get.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:31 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fatter (itr) oem swaybars can be run with a subframe reinforcement kit. Either beaks or bsq will do. Check with bsq (brian q on H-T) to see whether his kit will work with your Skunk2 tie bar. If not, the beaks kit should work fine.

If you want to spend more money, I believe both comptech and progress (probably more?) are making swaybar/tiebar combos that look pretty snappy and would be impossible to tear out your subframe.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:56 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally Posted by TeHJuSTiN
I have the ITR (22mm bar) with that kit and haven't had any problems yet.

great i think that im going to go with the plate and the suspension techniques bar, or the progress one.. would you suggeest either one of these over the other???
Old 04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

my friend has a 00 dx with es poly bushings kit, tokico R coilovers, and srr lcas. he ran a usdm 22m itr sway bar with the beaks reinforcement kit, guess what happen? the right side of the subframe ripped out like its paper. he cut both sides off, cuz the left side show sides of spider cracks, and weld in new pieces reinforce with small metal plates as well but he decided he wont run the bar til he gets the aspec racing subframe reinforcement plate that covers the entire subframe to ensure equal distribution of the stress from the bar.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

so again... with think with the a spec plate i can run a 19 20 mm bar all day with no problems???