Notices

What does the Honda dealership say about your aftermarket parts?

Old 04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the Honda dealership say about your aftermarket parts?

I usually do my own maintenance or go to a specific independent mechanic. However, the mechanic seems to be raising his prices past the stealership prices because they've built such a good repetoir (sp?) with all their clients. Plus, Honda does certain free things like: "OBD2 maintenance" which includes free: oil change, new spark plug wires, new plugs, new valve cover gasket, tranny oil change, etc.

So what does the dealership usually say when they see your aftermarket parts?

For example, my rear trailing arm bushing is old, brittle, and tearing. But I have aftermarket springs/struts (0.75" drop) with good alignment. I wonder if they're gonna blame the bushing on me. I've got 101k miles.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Hmmm. They usually don't say anything to me, but if I ever need them to help me install something they say no because I didn't order the part through them.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on the mod and how it effects what they are going to do. If it's associated with the maintenance the are going to do, they might charge you more just because it's there. They won't do warranty work that is associated with any mod, hence people's hesitation to mod warrantied cars.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:13 PM
LowSky

federal law says bolt ons ( CAI, Exhaust, Pullys, Altezza lights) will only void the warrenty if the bolt on was to blame (ie. water logged engine because of CAI) plus some dealerships sell these things now
Old 04-22-2005, 06:44 PM
twinring

I know this is going to sound lame, but I do everything myself except change my own oil. You see living in Japan, there isnt anywhere that I can take my used engine oil for disposal/recycle. Civics arent that popular in Japan, and the Japanese aesthetic is different from that in the US. So a car like mine is not common. My Honda mechanics like my car bec. its not something they see often. Although I do think they really want to sell me a new car.