Notices

Ran into 3 problems, simple solutions?

Old 04-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran into 3 problems, simple solutions?

#1. I'm using my LX harness on my freshly installed B16. The sensor that screws into the top of the transmision on the 1.5l is to short to make it to the bottom of the transmision on the B16. What could I do? (BTW the B16 harness is fully intact up to the fire wall, so is there any possibilities with that?)

#2. the god awful VTEC wires, looked, searched, read, searched some more, don't know what to wire, how many wires, where to wire....

#3. On the oil catch can there's 3 hoses, one on the left, one on the right, and one on top where the cap is. I can't find the place to connect that slip hose on the B16.

If anyone has some input could ya please point me in the right diredtion.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Make that 4 problems. My clutch doesn't have any resistance and just sticks in now that I've reattached the slave cylinder.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Omniscient
#1. I'm using my LX harness on my freshly installed B16. The sensor that screws into the top of the transmision on the 1.5l is to short to make it to the bottom of the transmision on the B16. What could I do? (BTW the B16 harness is fully intact up to the fire wall, so is there any possibilities with that?)

#2. the god awful VTEC wires, looked, searched, read, searched some more, don't know what to wire, how many wires, where to wire....

#3. On the oil catch can there's 3 hoses, one on the left, one on the right, and one on top where the cap is. I can't find the place to connect that slip hose on the B16.

1. think outside the box & extend the wires!

2. search the board harder.. it's been covered a million times

3. sticky has diagrams!

Make that 4 problems. My clutch doesn't have any resistance and just sticks in now that I've reattached the slave cylinder.
have u tried to bleed it?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Civic2Scooby

1. lengthen
2. sticky
3. sticky
4. as tony said...bleed it.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

I've tried the stickies. For 1-3, and for 4, I'll bleed it.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Ok, well I took care of the sensor. I'll never be able to do the vtec wires because I'm an idiot. Same thing with the little slip hose. As for the clutch, I'll have a friend help me.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

Step 30:
If your car does not have vtec, 2 more wires must be added. A yellow wire with a green stripe for the vtec solenoid can be found on the engine harness and must be pinned in at A4. The vtec oil pressure sensor can be found as a blue wire in the harness and must go to D6.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

On wich harness? The JDM b16? There's an extra green sensor port under the selinoid, and then 1 wire comming from the selinoid that doesnt have a spot on my harness to connect.

Is there a harness that I can get from a honda dealership that will work? Or an aftermarket?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

this is on the curent harness that is in there you have to add thoose 2 wires and you could get the connector from the b16 harness that you have.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by hector200

Step 30:
If your car does not have vtec, 2 more wires must be added. A yellow wire with a green stripe for the vtec solenoid can be found on the engine harness and must be pinned in at A4. The vtec oil pressure sensor can be found as a blue wire in the harness and must go to D6.
actually 3....VTEC solonoid, pressure switch, knock sensor at D3