Notices

Tenzo big rotor...opinions

Old 02-02-2005, 11:00 PM
SamuraiBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tenzo big rotor...opinions

Does anyone have them??? Are they any good???

thanks

Austin
Old 02-03-2005, 06:45 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

You don't need larger rotors for a daily driver. It's a big waste of money plus you have to get larger wheels and tires to fit over them.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
swaggs21

^^^ agree completely
Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2gr84u
:werd: We just got one this year and this thing is fricking great haha
:werd: and tenzo products suck anyway.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

even with my heavy 17's on my car i'm still able to lock up my breaks nicly.. i don't see a reason for the bigger calipers... :dunno:
Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a civic you dont really need huge brakes, all you need is a drilled or slotted rotor and some good pads and your brakes will be a lot better. if you want you can do an integra front and rear brake swap, you need the spindle assembly for the front and the trailing arm assembly for the rear.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 AM
swaggs21

I agree with the swap, but drilled or slotted rotors after a while have a tendency to crack around the holes or slots, in which you have to buy a new one.

I would like to do a swap, just to many other things on my list right now.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by JoePannone
for a civic you dont really need huge brakes, all you need is a drilled or slotted rotor and some good pads and your brakes will be a lot better. if you want you can do an integra front and rear brake swap, you need the spindle assembly for the front and the trailing arm assembly for the rear.
Ehh unless your on your breaks non-stop to make them heat up to the point where they are just causing melt down on your pads.. drilled & slotted rotors arn't going to perform as well as a blank. The blank disk performs stronger breaking due to the fact that it has more surface area touching the pad!
Old 02-03-2005, 06:56 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by Running925
even with my heavy 17's on my car i'm still able to lock up my breaks nicly.. i don't see a reason for the bigger calipers... :dunno:
asthetics.

I couldn't get over my 16s and my tiny-ass rotors, so that's most of the motive in rolling on 15s h:

as for tenzo. They're just like APC. nothing wrong with that, its just to give you an idea. I mean, I ride on tenzo spings, so its not like they're total crap. Sure, the spring rate is nearly stock, but it fits my needs (and most importantly, they were free, and they drop my car to the hight I want it at).

but thats just springs. you can't really screw up a spring that much. brakes are a totally different subject.

I have Power Stop cross drilled and slotted brakes. I'll tell you right now, don't waste your money on them unless its burning a hole in your pocket. If you're on a budget, they're the last rotors you should buy.

Chances are, the tenzo setup is the same. Basically, you can't turn slotted/drilled rotors, so instead of having a normal OEM rotor thats usable for several brake jobs, you have rotors you have to replace every time you get a brake job.

The power slot's arn't bad, they do actually run a little cooler, and they look agressive, but they feel like they're warped or something, granted I've had mine for a while (50-60k). But luckly my pads are almost worn out, so I'll be doing teg brakes soon.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 18secFerio
asthetics.
Ultimately the reason.

I mean, I ride on tenzo spings, so its not like they're total crap. Sure, the spring rate is nearly stock, but it fits my needs (and most importantly, they were free, and they drop my car to the hight I want it at).
You're basing they aren't crap because you have them?

but thats just springs. you can't really screw up a spring that much. brakes are a totally different subject.
You can screw up springs. Not using the high quality material, some springs sag faster than others. Why else would Ground Control use Eibach springs and not others? Granted, there are only a few actual spring manufacturer's in the market, but there are differences.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net