Notices

Strange problems!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange problems!

ok, this is going to be interesting here.

Origionaly i was thinkin that i was having therostat probs, coz i wasn't getting very good heat. I also noticed that i was somehow losing coolant. Didn't see it leaking anywhere, car still responds like normal so i am highly doubting a blown head gasket.

Next! I changed the Thermostat & i was getting much better heat when the coolant will filled.. but it still wasn't right.. coz i'm loosing coolant somewhere.. but at least the engine was getting warmer now.. i noticed steam comming from drivers side behind the motor.. not a lot.. just barly enough to see.. so i looked for hoses & stuff to see if one of them had dry rotted & started leaking.. can't find one..

Now, the engine won't warm up at all.. my question is how can i test to see if my water pump has gone bad. I have a 15-20min. commute to work which is 50% highway driving so the engine gets physicaly warm but doesn't have a chance to over heat due to the 20degree temps here in Ohio right now.

I have a feeling that the coolant isn't moving & thats whats causing me to not get any heat.. but my other concern is that my temp gauge isn't moving at all now? What does this sound llike to u guys..

other info: 95 DX stock daily driver / 20 degree temps on average right now / 9 miles to work / only mod is a short ram with a k & n. / 222 thousand miles & runs strong like she was new.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:35 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

sell steam is the big give away you either have a hole in one of your heater hoses behind the motor or one of them isnt clamping well. now your engine doesnt heat up probably because youre low on coolant again. Check those hoses see if you can pinpoint where the steam is coming from and fix it . :thumbup:
Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by monicle
sell steam is the big give away you either have a hole in one of your heater hoses behind the motor or one of them isnt clamping well. now your engine doesnt heat up probably because youre low on coolant again. Check those hoses see if you can pinpoint where the steam is coming from and fix it . :thumbup:

sounds good.. is there some type of a test that i can do to find out the condition or performance of my water pump.. I looked at my timing belt & it seems to be in great condidtion so i don't have an reason to change it unless the water pump would be in poor shape. How could i test the water pump & what type of symptoms does it have when it does go bad?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

most of the time when the water pump goes it goes in a big way. youll be leaking water all arround the crank pulley or youll hear it start making a terrible sound (when the bearing starts to go). if your timing belt looks ok then your water pump should be good. a water pump "should" outlast the belt but anytime you change one its best to do them both.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had to do it, Tony: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...earchid=423204 :db:

Monicle's right on on this one. :thumbup:
Old 02-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
I just had to do it, Tony: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...earchid=423204 :db:

Monicle's right on on this one. :thumbup:

I checked the hoses in the back.. they wern't wet but the area below them was.. kinda strange.. i'll have to look closer tonight to determine if it's a hose or the water pump is indeed going bad. If the problem was a little more obvious i could just get to the fixing process!

& what is that link for!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:10 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search: Key Word(s): problem ; Posts Made By: Running925 ; Forum: Civic/Del Sol/EL and child forums

Showing results 1 to 25 of 31

jfwym
Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
Search: Key Word(s): problem ; Posts Made By: Running925 ; Forum: Civic/Del Sol/EL and child forums

Showing results 1 to 25 of 31

jfwym

so i have problems.. not just car related! :loco: lol

anyways.. thanks for the help guys.. i'll mess with it tonight & post the resultz or letcha kno what happens.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:39 AM
gottaBfast

hey my civic keeps pushing the antifreeze into the resovior. does anyome know what that is all about. i have a heating problem, it goes cold every now and then
Old 02-01-2005, 12:15 PM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

thats what the resivoir is for. it allows the radiator to add and expell radiator fluid as its needed. there is a fill mark on the resivoir that should be filled between min and max.