Notices

Del Sol Interior Help...

Old 01-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Grimbrand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Interior Help...

Posted this under Appearance, but no response after 24 hours...

Searched the archives and couldn't find any advice or how to on fixing up interiors. I have a 93 del Sol S and haven't found any web sites with how to's either. I have found a couple leather seat cover sites and the redline leather shift/brake boots look awesome, but that's about all I have found. I am looking for information specifically on replacing or recovering the interior door panels and/or the dashboard. Any advice or favorite sites you guys may have would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2005, 06:33 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Easiest way to fix your door panels would be to keep an eye out for good looking ones in the color you need on sites like ebay or parts trader or even forums like this. The dash can be handled in the same fashion, simply keep an eye out for a good replacement part. As far as seat covers, and carpet go, that really depends on what you want and how handy you are. There are ALOT of places that will handle interior work like replacing carpet, but you can also buy premolded carpets or just normal carpet and do the job your self, like I said, depends on how handy you are. There are alot of places that do seat covers aswell. In a Sol, were lucky because we only have 2 seats to deal with. Most places can either install the seat upholstry for you, or they sell kits to do a home install. Hope this helps some
Old 01-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Grimbrand

Thanks for the advice. Still looking for a website that shows a step by step process.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:51 AM
RusBear

Any hints for a place to look for a home seat upholstery kit?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Grimbrand

I don't know how much of a do it yourself project these are but here are a couple links to leather seat cover sources:

www.leatherseats.com

www.autoleathers.com
Old 01-29-2005, 07:32 AM
RusBear

Sweet! The second site (autoleathers.com) has exactly what I need for my del Sol. Anybody tried them? Self-install?
Old 01-29-2005, 11:12 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

I have a friend who wants to redo his 300zx leather with Katskin, or some shit like that :dunno: