Notices

Braking Problems

Old 01-27-2005, 07:23 PM
speed_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking Problems

past couple of days, i've noticed on my 98 civic si that when i press on the brake, the pedal is much stiffer then before and the braking is as smooth when slowing down. any ideas what's wrong? i also feel the gas pedal is abit more stiff as well and loss of power
Old 01-27-2005, 07:39 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by speed_69
past couple of days, i've noticed on my 98 civic si that when i press on the brake, the pedal is much stiffer then before and the braking is as smooth when slowing down. any ideas what's wrong? i also feel the gas pedal is abit more stiff as well and loss of power

Check the vacuum line running to the brakebooster.

Disconnected brakebooster would give you a much harder brake pedal in a short amount of time
Old 01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

Originally Posted by speed_69
you probibly have multiple problems there. either that or your floor mat has pushed up enough to make pushing the pedals hard. (common problem)