Notices

93 Civic 1.75" Drop rubbing with Manzos

Old 05-22-2015, 09:59 PM
Smossy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Civic 1.75" Drop rubbing with Manzos

So first of all this will be my first to this thread So bear with me.
Problem: Stock 93 Honda Civic DX Sedan I believe.
My buddy gave me some stock si hatch stock struts and a 1.75" Manzo lowering kit for front and rear. They look great but when I'm riding an empty car with just my weight approx 200# I'm getting pretty aggressive rub on both the front tires when turninG ir you turns. Anything over a 75% of a full crank to the left or right seems to do it. Gets worse with the added weight of a passenger.

I rode it hard for a day or two just to see where the actual rubbing was and it seems to be coming from the top side of each lip right on the edge of the wheel well in the center. Theres two clips or bolts that are right there that are holding the wheel liner in place. So with that being said it looks like something that can't be worn down like if it was somewhere on the inside of the wall liner.
I guess it would be important to now let you in on what tires I'm running.
We threw on some Rota 16s with a 205/45r16 tire.

Give me some ideas on what to do.
Not really wanting to go down to a 205/40.

Last edited by Smossy; 05-22-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 PM
ChrisS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe,
Switch to adjustable coil overs and adjust the drop to a measurement that doesn't rub (1.000 to 1.375)?
185/60r14 = stock for the Si
195/50r15 = common upgrade
205/45r16 = slightly bigger diameter than stock (more likely to rub)

How much travel does your suspension have before it hits the stops with a 1.75" drop?

I hope you installed front and rear camber kits. (otherwise your car will eat the inside edges of your tires pretty quickly)

take care,
ChrisS