Notices

98 Civic LX-Cranks No Start

Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 AM
matt4irish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Civic LX-Cranks No Start

Could really use some help. My wife parked her 98 Civic LX in garage and came back to start it to run an errand. The car cranks fine, sounds right cranking, just won't start. I pulled plugs 1x1 and leaned them against the hood latch and turned over. Each sparked in a rythm in line with the cranking. I can hear the fuel pump prime for the 2 seconds when moving key to the ON position. I pulled fuel lines and turned key to verify fuel flow (it sprays out). I replaced the fuel filter and pump just in case, but, it still will not start. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
gsrsol
slow and low

check to make sure that the grounding straps on the motor and on the trans are in good condition and both attached to good grounds.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 AM
matt4irish

Default Solved

Originally Posted by gsrsol
check to make sure that the grounding straps on the motor and on the trans are in good condition and both attached to good grounds.
I did resolve this situation and should have written sooner. While the plugs sparked when out of the cylinders, there must have been inadeqaute spark under compression. Once I installed a new set of plugs, the car fired right up and runs flawlessly.

Thanks!