Notices

06'-08' Civic tranny issues

Old 09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
autofreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06'-08' Civic tranny issues

Well lately, my car has been shifting roughly, both in upshifts and downshifts. When shifting from R to D, or vice versa, it'll take a while for it to engage, which is to be expected for any auto tranny, but now, it takes almost a full 2 seconds for it to shift into gear, and if I release the break pedal shortly after shifting from D to R or R to D from a complete stop before the 2 seconds, it'll jerk or kind of bounce forward and remain unresponsive for a moment, kind of like some sort of lag, which I heard might be attributed by the DBW throttle system. In addition to the tranny/dbw problems stated above, when coming to a complete stop, at around 4 mph, my civic will jerk and surge or lunge foward, sometimes to the point where I think I've gotten rear-ended. Also, when making a "california stop" (rolling stop), if I accelerate moderately, the transmission seems to hesitate and hunt for the proper gear, and when it finally does, it makes a jack rabbit start (shouldn't the grade logic control make shifts smoother and more precise?). I was willing to blow off the slow engaging gear changes from D to R, but the surge when it downshifts to 1st (or maybe neutral) when coming to a complete stop has gotten progressively worse and the rough shifts have recently plagued my car, and it only has 3310 mi. Now I understand that this an adaptive tranny that learns my driving habits, but shouldn't the shifting be getting better as time passes by, because my driving habits have remained constant, so I doubt it should have to continue to learn my driving my habits which might be the cause of this problem. I've also heard of having the ECU reflashed as a possible solution. I'm gonna schedule an appointment, but they'll probably be unable to reproduce the problem, just like they were unable to do with the Si's 3rd gear issue (until after thousands of complaints). What do you guys think? Any of you have the same experience/complaints with your Civic? Any information provided is greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Last edited by autofreak; 09-18-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:12 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

write less.

I took my si in for the 3rd gear thing. they fixed it. its great!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my car in as soon as the TSB came out to have them take care of it and they told me they'd let me know when the parts came in because they were on backorder. It's been like 6 months and I've heard nothing from them and am still waiting to have it fixed.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
AcuraFanatic

Not buying 1st model year > *
Old 09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
autofreak

So I took my car to the dealership, and it stayed with them for 8 hours, with an appointment, only for them to tell me that the transmission hesitation and behavior was normal, which isn't if it wasn't problematic until recently. I also told them about the rattling door panels, and they said they were unable to hear them until I personally drove them in my car...so that'll be fixed whenever I schedule the appointment (the bright side of a rather disappointing yet not surprising visit).
Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
bml.static

This describes exactly the problem I'm having with my 2010 Civix LX that I've had for only one week. It only has 300 miles on it and I'm a little afraid to take it to the dealer because they'll probably think I'm crazy. But I'm pretty disappointed with this, I find it very frustrating to do a rolling stop or a slow turn and just here the engine rev up and then THUD as it slams into gear and takes off.

Did you find a solution to this? Did the dealer fix it?
Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 AM
jmanxkc12

has anyone found solution to that proplem yet.

mercedes servicing