Notices

MP3 Jack

Old 03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
semarlor
03 Accord 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 Jack

so i just traded my '03 accord 6mt ex-l and got a new '09 civic lx. i know its a big step down in features, but its a sporty little car and you can't beat that gas mileage.

anyway, it has the AUX mp3 jack under the power outlet (since the lx doesn't come with the USB connection), but when i went to plug my ipod into it, i could only hear the music coming out of the front driver side speaker. i am getting sound, so i assume that i have the right cable (its just one that i had laying around, i'm not too sure what it was originally for but it fit.) is there something i am missing? honestly its making me feel kinda dumb because i am usually pretty good with this stuff, but the '03 is the newest car i have had before now, so there is a lot of stuff that i am not up to date on i guess. thanks for the help
Old 03-05-2009, 07:46 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds to me like it's the wrong cable, it's probably a mono cable or not making a full connection... that or your balance is off in the stereo

Check the cable ends, do they have three contacts [good] or two [bad] (separated by the plastic bands on the tip)?
Is your balance set wrong?

I'd say if your balance is right then just get another cable to try, they're cheap at radioshack... make sure it's stereo