Notices

Shifting issues

Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 PM
aliientranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting issues

My 06 civic may not be an si, but I'm just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same issues as I have been. I have an 06 ex civic coupe 5 speed manual. Basically it's almost impossible to shift this thing consiestently.
It's not just me i've had several people drive it one of whom is a "driver" and that's when I knew I wasn't crazy. What gives?? why is this car so unpredicatable when you try to shift it from 1st to second?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:57 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

its the drive by wire throttle, give it a second after you let off the gas, then push in the clutch, shift, let out the clutch, gas.

it took me a while to get the shifting smooth and consistant
Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 AM
TEGadactyl

Yup yup, DBW is a mistake in my book, it makes the car seem more responsive (mostly just cus its opening the throttle blade more than you thought you were given your pedal input) but it can make a car tricky to predict and hard to tune. Just another thing getting in between the driver and the car imho (but I will say that the DBW is quite pleasant on the 350z - maybe b/c this car was built with a typically more sporty driver in mind?)