Notices

Realistic pricing and mainenance issues?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Realistic pricing and mainenance issues?

Just curious for those of you who bought a sedan new from the dealership, how much did you end up paying after fees, mark-up, etc? MSRP is around $21,000, but I know they like to mark these up like mad. How much did you actually pay?

Also, for those of you who have owned your Si for a while, any problems, issues, etc?

The wheels are turning h:
Old 03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

I've had my '07 Si sedan for almost a year now and I think we paid something like $23k after tax. This was for a non-navi model with all-season tires. We probably didn't get the best deal but this was my and my wife's first new car purchase so we really didn't know how to get the price down. :hs:

Some of the things that have erked me about the car:

3rd gear issue of being notchy or not going into gear at times (look into it...it's very prominent)

front seats/mats show wear pretty quickly

the paint isn't the greatest

paying for premium gas really sucks right now

had to have a rotor replaced due to uneven wear (covered under warranty)

All in all, I've been very happy with the car. I hope this helps
Old 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Yeah, I just went to the dealer and they're looking for $22,XXX, plus a dealer fee of $500, so just under $23k before tax. We've also got insane sales tax here in Boulder. I need to talk to someone about financing... I realistically don't see paying more than $8k down, and would like payments under $200/m. I have no idea if thats realistic or not.

After seeing the car up close & personal, it does seem a bit cheap on the inside, but then again, its a civic... I don't really know what I'm expecting.

I wonder if I'm allowed to buy the car in a sales-tax-free state (like OR) and drive it back home? I somehow doubt they'd go for it.

I will say that the saleswoman talked straight to me and didn't give me any BS, which is a far cry from my recent experience at a Subaru dealership.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get financed outside the dealership! figure out your term after you settle on the price of the car.

tell them you will ONLY pay sticker +TTL. Don't be a dick about it; lead the sales guy on a bit, then tell him you really like the car and are ready to sign the papers that day (even if you need to go get financing).

Have him talk to his manager and say unless they give it to you at sticker you are going to walk. When they start moaning about how its a high demand car and such just stand up and say thanks, start to walk out.. if they let you go. go find another dealership. else, get the good price.

car buying isn't as bad as its craked up to be! PM me if you want more info.

I walked off the lot w/ a white 4-door with the HFP kit for a bit over 22k (IIRC) including TTL.

Last edited by AppleSauseSi; 03-10-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: grrraaammmmar
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

I asked her about financing, and she said they usually see what local banks/credit unions have before they go to Honda financing (they must not get any kickbacks :thinking: ). I'd probably just go to my usual credit union.

Problem is, they only have one at the dealership, and its not a color I particularly want. h: I could always get the Mugen one :grinpimp:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

question: is the transmission problem apparent on a new car, or is it something that shows up after several thousand miles?

I think I'd go for the price they're asking if they threw in the summer tires :hsdunno:

We'll see how the money situation looks in a month or so. h:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

I experienced the 3rd gear problem not long after buying the car. I know I hadn't even hit 1000 miles yet.

And as for the summer tires, they told me that the car had to come with the summer tires equipped. I wanted to just upgrade the stock all seasons for the $500 or so option price but they told me it had to come from the factory with the tires on it.

Good luck with the finances and maybe you'll own a FA5 soon.