Notices

Turbo Kit For SI

Old 01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
bryangossett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kit For SI

I have been wanting to do an upgrade on my new 07 SI. Most of the turbo kits I have found for the SI will give you about fifty horses. I found one yesterday from a company out of Florida that states they can get 376 Wheel Horse Power out of a stock motor with their turbo kit installed. Thats a lot of horsepower at the wheel.

http://www.ajperformance.com/

Has anyone dealt with any other turbo kits? And if so what did you think of the kit? What kind of cost was incurred? This one sells for 4299 but you have to have Hondata reflash your computer which is an additional 595.

It seems like a great deal when you get so much additional horsepower.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

I've read a lot of good things about the kit on other forums; if I were planning on a turbo that is where I would buy it from.

regarding price; you'll need the reflash, but you should also consider a 3 inch piping to help the system breathe. Also, don't forget a clutch and flywheel combo that can hold the power!

Last edited by AppleSauseSi; 01-03-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2008, 10:10 PM
adfodo

So how much would something like that run you with everything included?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:24 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

about 7-8k
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
bryangossett

After talking with AJ Performance again they do recommend swithcing out to 3" exhaust and putting a fuel return line kit on the car. Evidently on this model it doesnt have a line that bleeds excess fuel back to the fuel tank. To make max horespower you have to really put the fuel to the motor, but at idle the fuel pump would be putting out way too much pressure.

I totally agree about putting a stronger clutch and pressure plate on the car. The stock one would be toast really quick if you really hammered it.

One question I do have for someone.. do you have to drop the tank to get to the fuel pump on the civic? From what pictures I have seen it is an internal pump.

The reflash that Hondata does for this kit seems to lower the rpm level at which the larger camshaft comes into play (through the IVTEC setup) therefore it seems to cut the surge that you would normally get when the IVTEC would normally kick in at 6 grand. From the dyno pulls they have posted it really seems to make the motor pull harder throughout the powerband range.

Thanks for the advice.. But I would still like to know if anyone else has tried any other turbo kit on their 06-08 civic si.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
IntegraKing

Why not just install a boost regulated FPR?? They utilize a vaccuum line to increase fuel pressure as boost increases.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 AM
FS7600

I've heard of mostly good things about the Turbo Kit... But watchout for the tranny that can take a beating.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by IntegraKing
Why not just install a boost regulated FPR?? They utilize a vaccuum line to increase fuel pressure as boost increases.
because that's what people did before things like hondata came out and is a shitty method for adding fuel.