Notices

Civic SI-'06, '07

Old 06-11-2007, 09:38 AM
DGPlaya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic SI-'06, '07

Hey guys, Just wanted to get your opinion on the Civic Si's. '06 or '07 coupe or sedan. I'm thinking seriously about buying one next year, but wanted to know what the experts think about either car. Pro's and con's. I test drove the coupe, and it was fine. I wanted to upgrade the wheels to the HPF-17". They look nice and they handle even nicer. Any ideas???
Thanks homies.
Hope everyone is driving safe.
DGplaya
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
boltuprite

coupe looks good but the sedan is just plain fugly (it's that back end).

great performance, as the car is basically a little rocket. One thing though, check with yor insurance company as the Si rates are quite high (at least here in Canada). That was why I eventually settled for an EX coupe.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is decent, reliable, but as always compared to the competition, lacking.

Its a fun to drive car, but it's not the best handling or the quickest by a decent margin. To buy any one it would have to be a sedan. For semi-sporty Hondas: My current pick of the litter would have to be a AV6 coupe, with major reductions in price and a new model coming out next year, I see the AV6 being quite a deal and overall a nicer car to live with if you really want a Honda.

I just don't see what the big deal is with them. I much preferred the RSX.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an '07 Si sedan and so far I've been pretty happy with mine. The motor and handling are excellent and the LSD is nice to have but the paint and durability of the interior are somewhat lacking. I've never driven an RSX so I can't really compare them but I'd say that the new Si is a great car for the money.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:22 PM
ErichPryde

I own a 2006 civic si.
I really like the "lacking" interior. I wanted the car for the 'engine," not for the interior. I didn't want leather anyway. and the car isn't lacking compared to all of the competition. It's cheaper than something like the GTI Mark V, and it looks way better. for the money, you're getting a great car.
I nearly tied a Solstice GXP the other day. I have the original stock tires still- not the summer tires. My front end was still at his door when we hit 70. Maybe it was the driver, but that car had 50 or 60 hp on me. It could have been any number of things, but he probably should have smoked me.
I love my si, and I haven't for one moment regretted buying it. I think that both the sedan and coupe look much better with the factory aero kit- but the sedan looks especially bad without it.
the LSD makes it a pleasure to drive, and in my opinion, it's much more attractive than any RSX ever was.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

i have an 05 rsx-s.. and the dealer treatment/loaner cars seals the deal

lsd can be added easily

not to mention the si isn't available in blaze orange heh
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 AM
bhartman

Last edited by bhartman; 08-15-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
bhartman

a1...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:33 PM
rmalicki

I bought an 07 Si with VSA and love the car. It's fast but not a wrx or lancer; however for many reasons i choose this car. The insurance is running me $65 a month for full coverage and $250 deductible in CO. The cops don't notice me till i rev it out. I can drive fast and have fun in straits or corners and keep up with much faster cars or i can drive around slow and not here that whining. I will admit i would like more power which i why i bought an Injen cold air intake ( love it, great sound). I'm planning on buying full exhaust and hondata reflash and 18" race rims and tires for summer. Then the car will be higher output than an s2000 yet still be fun to drive year round. I would highly recommend this car to anyone. This is the all around fun car and the Z06 Vette is the summer race machine for the holy $%#+.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM
K-2Oed