Notices

2007 Honda Civic Si sedan

Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Civic Si sedan

The all-new, 4-door 2007 Civic Si Sedan has it all—all the performance of the Si Coupe combined with all the room and convenience of a sedan. This 6-speed, 197-horsepower sedan boasts a 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® engine with an 8,000 rpm redline for a powerful ride. Attack curves with a helical limited-slip differential, 17-inch alloy wheels and available high-performance tires. Turn up the 350-watt audio system with 7 speakers including an 8-inch subwoofer and an MP3/auxiliary input jack. Let the available navigation system guide the way, take hold of the aluminum and leather shift knob, sit back in the deep-bolstered sport seats and enjoy the ride.

from autosite.com:
Honda Civic Si Sedan – First Drive: One year after debuting a redesigned Civic Si and ditching the unpopular hatchback body for a traditional two-door design, Honda unleashes a sedan variant of its hot little econo-sport coupe because it has determined that young compact car buyers prefer the utility of sedans and hatchbacks over coupes. Huh. Normally it’s Ford that chases its own tail around like this. Whatever. The point is that if you’ve been craving a terrifically fun small car as a replacement for the V6- or V8-powered gas hog that currently sits in your driveway, the 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan is here to meet your need for speed and practicality.

With this quick little four-door, Honda is aiming at the same group of young, educated men that buy the Mazda 3, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and Subaru WRX because “fun-to-drive” is high on their list of purchase considerations. Honda’s research says that “fun-to-drive” is not a priority with Civic EX buyers. Honda’s research also says that the top trade-in model for these four “fun-to-drive” competitors is a Civic. Slapping that high-revving four-banger into the Civic Sedan and decorating it with all the same goodies that come on the Si Coupe was a no-brainer, and the result is the 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan, which comes standard with “fun-to-drive.”

Honda invited us to the Motor City to drive the new Civic Si Sedan. Yeah, not the first place you think of when the phrase “great driving roads” comes to mind. But one of the Civic Si’s best traits is its tight, nimble feel when dicing through traffic, so the Dearborn area’s grid layout helped to showcase this part of the car’s personality. We resisted the urge to run over to Ford’s Glass House headquarters and drive rings around the building just as fast as we could, sticking instead to the auto-cross course Honda mapped out in the parking lot of the Hyatt hotel and to the city streets, freeways, and parkways nearby, and came away favorably impressed with this hot little family hauler.

Honda plans to launch the 2007 Honda Civic Si on November 1, to coincide with the annual Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) trade show in Las Vegas. The price is not officially set, but Honda thinks it will mirror the Si Coupe, with a starting price of about $20,000. Add the voice-activated navigation system with XM satellite radio and the stickier summer tires, and the price will jump to about $22,000. Honda plans to sell about 15,000 units annually.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that the 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan is essentially the same as the Si Coupe, but with two extra doors, 59 extra pounds and a few unique tweaks. Honda’s 2.0-liter iVTEC four-cylinder engine belts out 197 horsepower just 200 revs shy of redline at a lofty 7,800 rpm, and cranks 139 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,100 rpm. If you’re in Honda’s target market for this car, you’re doing the math right now. These figures do, indeed, indicate that you’re going to spend lots of time thrashing on the engine to generate maximum power, and extracting every last ounce of motive force is gonna require some serious attention to detail – especially when the standard five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty expires. And if you’ve got a soft spot in your heart for polar ice caps, you oughta know that this engine is the only one in the Civic lineup that isn’t rated LEV II ULEV or better.

As in the coupe, those ponies flow to the front wheels through a six-speed manual transmission and a helical limited-slip differential. An automatic transmission is not a part of the Honda Civic Si equation, so if you can’t shift for yourself, maybe you should buy a car that just pretends to be a sport sedan – like a Chevy Cobalt SS four-door. Alternatively, choose the Civic EX, which is plenty more fun to drive than most people think while getting 40 mpg on the highway.

The Civic Si Sedan’s MacPherson strut front and double-wishbone rear suspension is tuned a little differently and gets a 1mm thinner front stabilizer bar to offset the weight gain over the coupe, and while Honda says the Si Sedan is a tick slower to accelerate than the Si Coupe, it promises that handling and braking capabilities are identical. Bright silver 17-inch alloy wheels are shod with P215/45R17 all-season tires and guided by electric rack-and-pinion steering, but for $200 buyers can select summer rubber in the same size. Ventilated front and solid rear disc brakes bring the Civic Si Sedan to a rapid halt, enhanced with ABS, EBD, and a stability control system. Honda has also tuned the Si Sedan’s exhaust differently for a more powerful note in the low-rpm range.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:53 AM
wcooksey

SOOOooooo sweet! Now my 2 year-old can get into her car seat with ease, before daddy kicks-ass all the way to day-care! Now my wife just CAN'T say no to a new Si!

William
98 Civic + 03 Pilot
Old 11-03-2006, 04:14 AM
boltuprite

it still has those hideous rear tail lights though

that's why the coupes are so much nicer....
Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Thai B

The si shuldnt have 4 doors. It killed it
Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by Thai B
study honda's heritage a little bit.

they've been making b16-issue'd sedans in foreign markets for years. its about time they brought us a more powerful civic sedan.

Originally Posted by boltuprite
it still has those hideous rear tail lights though
I think they'd look better with the inner tails (on the truck lid) shaved. more TL-ish, anyways...
Old 11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
19.3secS2K

btw, not that it matters, but I will be putting down $500 on one in the next couple days :rick:

it will be mine.... oh yes, it will be mine....
Old 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

Originally Posted by Thai B
sorry dude that was a dumb statement IMO..of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion..the real question is WHY HAVENT THEY DONE THIS SOONER?! Japan gets all the cool cars its about time we get one...USDM always gets watered down versions of JDM cars

it makes sense...make a car with 2 more doors that ONLY weighs 68lbs more than a 2 dr! you can get your friends in and out easy..if you got a family you can still have a toy and family car ALL IN ONE! you got the "sleeper" element cuz unless it has a EVO or STi badge most dismiss sedans...plus their tryin to change this:

"With this quick little four-door, Honda is aiming at the same group of young, educated men that buy the Mazda 3, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and Subaru WRX because “fun-to-drive” is high on their list of purchase considerations. Honda’s research also says that the top trade-in model for these four “fun-to-drive” competitors is a Civic"

:irock: :werd:

Last edited by Mugenfreak; 11-13-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

Originally Posted by 18secFerio
btw, not that it matters, but I will be putting down $500 on one in the next couple days :rick:

it will be mine.... oh yes, it will be mine....
congrats! i envy thee!!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
19.3secS2K

don't envy me

one dealership is trying to get me into a coupe. at a different dealership, I found one that has some extra's for about $23k (teffeta white, navi, heated seats, etc), but it's currently being assembled and won't be here till mid-december.

I might hold off until the initial craze dies down. plus, I still want to test-drive the bitch...

sorry I have to do this, but....

Originally Posted by Mugenfreak
you got the "sleeper" element cuz unless it has a EVO or STi badge most dismiss sedans...
I think the dohc i-vtec stickers on the sides kill that look

personally, coupes never made since to me. I assume drive a two seater than a 2+2 configuration, but neither is practical. I like to use my backseats

Last edited by 19.3secS2K; 11-13-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
ErichPryde

if you have test-driven the coupe, you've pretty much test driven the sedan. according to Super Street magazine, the difference is relatively minor. I got a chance to mess around with a nighthawk black one the other day, and it does pretty much feel the same. obviously the traction control system it has will make a difference but I haven't given it that much of a test drive, nor do I care. The tail lights look okay- the spoiler really helped out the back end of the sedan but I'm just more than happy in my coupe. The differences that I immediately noticed were the color reversal of the secondary gauges (your trip-ometer and temperature) and there was a tiny bit of difference in sound. also, the wheels seem a bit more gray to me.
I also think that the way the fog lights would have to be placed won't look as agressive as the coupe/.
however, if you get a chance to buy one, go for it! only 70 pounds different? wow.